Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,458 Posts
I never would have made a good coast-watcher. To me it looks like a beefed up version of the Mustang (without the wing dips), or a Corsair.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I knew it was a bomber, I just wasn't sure which one. The giant gun turret on the front with the bubble gun turret on top behind the cockpit was my clue, along with the fact that I could see one pilot far over on the right side of the cockpit screen, so knew that two people fit in there. Those really big tail wings, though, do make it seem like it's a smaller plane, so I can understand the mixup, @vtox. Great pic, @RBS! Not something you see every day!

Reactions: RBS

·
Registered
264 Posts
40+ years ago I was in a class with a gentelman from OK who wore a gold pin on the lapel of his suit coat everyday that was an airplane (B17) with part of it's wing mising.

Someone finally asked him what the significance of it was and he explained that his crew had it made for him as he was B17 pilot and the electronic stop that was supposed to prevent the guns from shooting as it passed over the wings of the plane had failed and his gunner shot off his wing! He landed the plane safely so his crew was very grateful and had the pin made.

Reactions: RBS
1 - 7 of 7 Posts