Honda VTX Forum banner

Cool sound system

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JPT 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Maximum active output power: 3W x 2

I know you can hear the audio when the engine is stopped.
I do not believe you will hear audio unless you have headphones or earbuds.
I just bought a small Bluetooth Stereo amp with 3 watts/ch, may have to see if I can hear it while riding.

Reactions: TennX
#3 ·
Maximum active output power: 3W x 2

I know you can hear the audio when the engine is stopped.
I do not believe you will hear audio unless you have headphones or earbuds.

I just bought a small Bluetooth Stereo amp with 3 watts/ch, may have to see if I can hear it while riding.
Well ok.....maybe “ Caveat emptor” .....:thumbup:

#4 ·
I was at a local state park the other day talking with a GW rider and began to hear music from afar.
A loud (very loud) HD showed up at the nearby road 200 feet away.
A half dozen throttle Raps to let us know he was there also.
The new safety gear. Louder than my OEM horn.

Reactions: TennX
#6 · (Edited)
I've listened to music on my honda soundbar for 34,950 miles out of about 35,000 miles, if i had to estimate. The phone has a 64gb card, its always with me. Big part of my rides, i love it.

With stock exhaust i can hear it good even on the highway, it "Fakes" Bass adequately.
Being a Honda Motorcycle sound system the speakers are designed to emit the sound in a concentrated direction towards the riders head, the grill on it has some tech to it.

#7 ·
Further comment on my honda audio system:

Originally bought it in 2012 for my Honda Shadow Aero. Got a good deal on ebay from a very motivated seller, think i got it for $275, which is still a lot of money but they are going for $400-500 now. Back in 2012 was a great time to get deals on accessories and their were plenty of them.

Wouldn't pay what they are asking for it today, so i dont know what i'd do to replace it on my X.
It's given me 7-8 years of service and still going.

I liked that it was totally plug-&-play with the Shadow and the X, although i did have to buy the wire harness for the audio system for the X as it's bike model specific. Found one on ebay for like $20.

If i had to get a new audio for the bike i would likely get something like the Kuryakyn "Sound of Chrome" is what they call/called it. Would avoid those cheap Chinese knock-offs.

#8 ·
If i had to get a new audio for the bike i would likely get something like the Kuryakyn "Sound of Chrome" is what they call/called it. Would avoid those cheap Chinese knock-offs.
I have a Sound of Chrome (it's been for sale for over a year), it is an ok system, as long as it is behind a windshield. At 60+ it is hard to hear. It is a perfect system for around town, but not so much for highways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.