Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I check the coolant level in my X?
Also does anyone know where you can download
an owners manual for VTX 1800 R?

·
Registered
140 Posts
The only true way is to pull your tank and take off the radiator cap and see if your full. Don't trust the overflow tank. I did that and thought I was okay until my temp light came on and when I checked my fluid by removing the cap and adding coolant in directly to the radiator, I was a full quart low, even though my overflow was full.

As far as the manual, I haven't found anywhere you can download, and trust me, I looked. Ended up buying one for $20 from dealer.

If you do want to do anywork on your bike, check out www.hdlparts.com

It has microfiche of everything on your bike!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coolant level/ manual

Thanks for your quick response. You've been most helpful.
I'll check into the Honda Riders Club.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Re: manual

bg1800s said:
i think if you belong to the honda riders club you can download a copy of the owners manual.
It's not a download...online copy. Sometimes you can pick one up on e-bay and there are also CD copies floating around. I bought one on e-bay and it turned out to be a printout of a CD version. The quality is fine an it is bound nicely, but somehow I don't think that's right.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
kikenurbut said:
The only true way is to pull your tank and take off the radiator cap and see if your full. Don't trust the overflow tank. I did that and thought I was okay until my temp light came on and when I checked my fluid by removing the cap and adding coolant in directly to the radiator, I was a full quart low, even though my overflow was full.

As far as the manual, I haven't found anywhere you can download, and trust me, I looked. Ended up buying one for $20 from dealer.

If you do want to do anywork on your bike, check out www.hdlparts.com

It has microfiche of everything on your bike!
If the cap seal is leaking, it can force coolant into the tank but suck air into the system instead of coolant from the tank. Air moves a lot easier than fluid. Might want to check that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts