Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How important is it to have coolant all the way to fill mark in reservoir,,,,,mine is even at lowest mark,,,,,,geting ready for a several mile ride,,,,,,,?

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
texashawk50 said:
How important is it to have coolant all the way to fill mark in reservoir,,,,,mine is even at lowest mark,,,,,,geting ready for a several mile ride,,,,,,,?
I don't think the earth would stop rotating...but while out on this "several mile ride" you discover it is now below the low level mark...whatcha going to do then? I don't think it is anything to worry about (unless the reservoir was empty, signaling that I don't know what the fluid level in the radiator is at)...but I would add some distilled water (won't take very much).

More importantly though...I'd check for leaks...my reservoir level has never changed.

Bull

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do Not Trust The Overflow Resevoir!!!!!

I did and it ended up screwing me over.....My temp light came on during a trip and that is the worst feeling. After trouble shooting and diving into everything, I removed the tank and drained the radiator to do a flush and fill and I was LOW on coolant, however the resevior was full. Once I filled up the radiator, light went off and haven't seen it since.

Check the fluid at the radiator cap, not the overflow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts