Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a matter of fact, I'd like to thank the FHP for NOT giving me the ticket he could have.

The O-parkway is the best way for us MouseHousers to get back and forth to the job, and he clocked me at 73 N A 55. I had just came out of the toll booth and was accelerating, and hiding as they usually do around a curve, he got me.

I was as pleasant as I could be, told him I saw him and then checked my speed, realized I was over the limit and slowed, he took my license, couldn't find a current insurance card (mine was expired) and headed back to his car.

I thought, oh well, it will be expensive doing 18 over, but life goes on.

He came back, gave me a warning for the speed and cited me for no current insurance card. He told me he believed me when I told him I have
insurance, but gave me the cite. Told me all I have to do is show up with proof of insurance and it's dismissed.

I actually THANKED him graciously for not giving me the ticket, and off we went.

I did get the ticked dismissed (for a $7.50 dismissal fee, go figure) when I got home and picked up my current insurance card and took it to the courthouse.

So all you cops out there who realize that we are sometimes just boneheaded, and not trying to conduct a criminal act, We appreciate being let off the hook every now and then.

Just my 2 euros.

San

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Shame on U for Being Sooo nice :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That was nice of him for letting you go on the speed but, if you were on you motorcycle, since Florida doesn't require insurance on motorcycles the insurance ticket is kind of iffy. :shock:

Tina

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
RainDancer said:
That was nice of him for letting you go on the speed but, if you were on you motorcycle, since Florida doesn't require insurance on motorcycles the insurance ticket is kind of iffy. :shock:

Tina
when did that change?

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
MidLifeCrisisNC said:
RainDancer said:

Tina
when did that change?
Not all states require MC insurance. For instance, my states WA requires auto but not MC :roll: Go figure that one out

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
THat was very nice of the officer. I was talking with a couple of state patrol officers while we were waiting to testify in a DUI case, I called in on. The one guy said he only tickets if they are going 11 or more over and he doesn't ticket older folks. He figures they are on a fixed income. 10 years ago I was in an accident and couldn't find my insurance card. Got the ticket, got home and found the card had fallen under the seat from the impact. WEnt back and it was taken care of. They didnd't charge back then. Guess they had alot of people doing that and figured they might as well make some money off it and started charging.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
i've always had to carry proof of insurance when riding thru Forida, not that it matters much now, i used to carry a copy of the Fla motorcycle statutes with me, might still have a copy, but it wouldn't be current i'm sure.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
THat was very nice of the officer. I was talking with a couple of state patrol officers while we were waiting to testify in a DUI case, I called in on. The one guy said he only tickets if they are going 11 or more over and he doesn't ticket older folks. He figures they are on a fixed income. 10 years ago I was in an accident and couldn't find my insurance card. Got the ticket, got home and found the card had fallen under the seat from the impact. WEnt back and it was taken care of. They didnd't charge back then. Guess they had alot of people doing that and figured they might as well make some money off it and started charging.

OOOPPPS looks like while I was waiting for the slow laptop to post this I accidentally hit the send button more than once. One thing I hate about the laptop.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
MidLifeCrisisNC said:
RainDancer said:

Tina
when did that change?
No change as long as I can remember Florida hasn't required insurance on any bike with no loan against it

thats why when I was younger I always had a Motorcycle as back up transportation
it cost me nothing but a tag when it was just sitting

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
shuterbg said:
THat was very nice of the officer. I was talking with a couple of state patrol officers while we were waiting to testify in a DUI case, I called in on. The one guy said he only tickets if they are going 11 or more over and he doesn't ticket older folks. He figures they are on a fixed income. 10 years ago I was in an accident and couldn't find my insurance card. Got the ticket, got home and found the card had fallen under the seat from the impact. WEnt back and it was taken care of. They didnd't charge back then. Guess they had alot of people doing that and figured they might as well make some money of it and started charging.
Around here we/I dont even pull citizens over until 15 over... I only write really good tickets... For me it seems easy to tell the ones that deserve a ticket and ones that just need to be pulled over.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sounds like you got pulled by a decent guy. Let's face it officers are like anybody else. Any kind of business be it private, public, even military-they always have alot of good folks....Its just that two or three percent that are total arseholes. (except lawyers, that's reversed) Plus the law gets an extra bad rap because there everywhere...Thank God. If I get pulled, hey they got me...probably because I was being stupid. So like you said San let's not bash them, thanks to the men and women in blue wearing a gun I don't have too. (And believe me that's a damn good thing)

Soapbox vacated,
Skip 8)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Why did you settle for just the ins cite, when you could have opened your mouth and got them both. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kiddin', you lucky dog, you.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I got lit up the other night. Had just turned on a street which has a 35MPH limit. Grabbed a hand full of throttle and banged 2 gears. Doing 70ish not sure if he had me on radar or just saw how fast I was pulling away for my buddy. Showed me the lights and just kept going. I rarely see bikes pulled over in Spokane and when I do It's usually a MC Cop doing the stop. They have had some deaths during chases with bikes in this area. So they don't chase long. Not that I'm dumb enough to run. Just dumb enough to double to posted Limit.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Bigg Daddy said:
MidLifeCrisisNC said:
RainDancer said:

Tina
when did that change?
No change as long as I can remember Florida hasn't required insurance on any bike with no loan against it

thats why when I was younger I always had a Motorcycle as back up transportation

Correct in Florida Bigg Daddy. but did you know that that is one of our rights,
and can be done in everystate?

Allodial title, is what every state don't want you to know or hear about!

It's in every state it's called Allodial title. this means if you Buy a car/truck/motorcycle/land or anything, no registration or insurance is needed. thats your property...........
it's one of our rights,
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...num=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=allodial+title&spell=1
in other states, other than Florida you need to get the vehicle manufacturer origin AKA, VMO this is the Title! Than they can't ask you to register that vehicle because that is Official Title. Certificate of title is just that, A Certificate! And that means that your state owns half of your vehicle and allows you to drive it. that's why you pay tax on it.

Local and state laws Do not supersede the US Constitution.

ALL STATES STILL ALLOW Allodial title on vehicle's but you need to buy the vehicle out right and ask for the VMO before your state get's a hold of it they will micro film it and then shred it so as they can tax it forever.....

Same holds true for land also. But only one state still allows you to purchase land in Allodial title were you won't have to pay
duty or tax on your land. that state is Texas.
There is a way around the laws in all these other states. wrong board for this tho..

here's just one example:
http://www.patriotnetwork.info/pc_vol_2-4.htm

also click on my sig line,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Look for yourself,

www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/consti ... rview.html

www.usconstitution.net

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=I ... gle+Search

Remember our ForeFathers said:
We The People

But remember once you register your vehicle with your state then you have voluntary given up your right's to that vehicle and taxation begins and never ends.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
MidLifeCrisisNC said:
RainDancer said:

Tina
when did that change?
to give a answer your question with a bigger question.
when did all the other states change?

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Bigg Daddy said:
MidLifeCrisisNC said:
RainDancer said:

Tina
when did that change?

U Guys said it right, Looks like Jim got taken :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
davemack said:
Bigg Daddy said:
MidLifeCrisisNC said:
RainDancer said:

Tina
when did that change?

Correct in Florida Bigg Daddy. but did you know that that is one of our rights,
and can be done in everystate?

Allodial title, is what every state don't want you to know or hear about!

It's in every state it's called Allodial title. this means if you Buy a car/truck/motorcycle/land or anything, no registration or insurance is needed. thats your property...........
it's one of our rights,
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...num=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=allodial+title&spell=1
in other states, other than Florida you need to get the vehicle manufacturer origin AKA, VMO this is the Title! Than they can't ask you to register that vehicle because that is Official Title. Certificate of title is just that, A Certificate! And that means that your state owns half of your vehicle and allows you to drive it. that's why you pay tax on it.

Local and state laws Do not supersede the US Constitution.

ALL STATES STILL ALLOW Allodial title on vehicle's but you need to buy the vehicle out right and ask for the VMO before your state get's a hold of it they will micro film it and then shred it so as they can tax it forever.....

Same holds true for land also. But only one state still allows you to purchase land in Allodial title were you won't have to pay
duty or tax on your land. that state is Texas.
There is a way around the laws in all these other states. wrong board for this tho..

here's just one example:
http://www.patriotnetwork.info/pc_vol_2-4.htm

also click on my sig line,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Look for yourself,

www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/consti ... rview.html

www.usconstitution.net

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=I ... gle+Search

Remember our ForeFathers said:
We The People

But remember once you register your vehicle with your state then you have voluntary given up your right's to that vehicle and taxation begins and never ends.

You may want to doa bit more reseach on that before you try it. It might save you a lot of trouble later.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
black hills said:
You may want to doa bit more reseach on that before you try it. It might save you a lot of trouble later.
yea, I'd stop paying Insurance and my house would catch fire with the new trucks and 1300 in the garage. lol

It has been done and I'm not saying I would do it right now. I can't now, I have loans one most everything but the bike and no vehicle manufacturer origin (VMO) on the bike just a state Certificate of title I didn't know this back then. so I can't. Once the state get's a hold of them they burn them. go-fig :?
But I may next time.
Shoot, I may move to texas,
No state income tax. 8)
No property tax with Allodial title.. :lol:
Looks like a Real American State to me... :p

More Beer Money
:wink:

G

·
You are lucky you did not have your insurance card.

He probably had to cite you for something and wanting to give you a break, the insurance card issue gave him an easy option.

I once had a Maryland State Trooper pull me over on I-95. Made me walk back and sit in his cruiser.

He said .... " Before you say another word listen to me .... Now here we are on the side of I-95, I followed you for over 1/2 mile clocking you at 85 MPH. I cannot recall if you had your seatbelt on or not. What do you have to say for yourself? "

I said ... " You know what I hate more than being stopped for speeding? Getting caught not wearing a seatbelt. "

He wrote me a $25 Seat Belt ticket and told me " pay the ticket, it's not a moving violation so there are no points. If you want to contest it in court you may and I am sure the judge will ask me what you were doing to get stopped. "

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
garysauctions said:
You are lucky you did not have your insurance card.

He probably had to cite you for something and wanting to give you a break, the insurance card issue gave him an easy option.

I once had a Maryland State Trooper pull me over on I-95. Made me walk back and sit in his cruiser.

He said .... " Before you say another word listen to me .... Now here we are on the side of I-95, I followed you for over 1/2 mile clocking you at 85 MPH. I cannot recall if you had your seatbelt on or not. What do you have to say for yourself? "

I said ... " You know what I hate more than being stopped for speeding? Getting caught not wearing a seatbelt. "

He wrote me a $25 Seat Belt ticket and told me " pay the ticket, it's not a moving violation so there are no points. If you want to contest it in court you may and I am sure the judge will ask me what you were doing to get stopped. "
They do have a Quota to make :wink: :wink: You know they make Commission off the tickets they give :D :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.