Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale - Corbin Leather Rumble Seat with Electric Heat for VTX 1800C. This heated seat retails for $799. $210 shipped to your home in CONUS. http://www.corbin.com/honda/vtx1800rumble.shtml
Came off a 2002 1800C but fit on my 2005 1800C. Here is an excerpt from Corbin's Description on their web site.

"Corbin's patented Rumble Seat design is back! By popular demand, we have re-engineered our exclusive design that offers you the best of both worlds... Slick solo looks and passenger capability with a flip of the wrist. Convenient and easy to use, this seat design features an all new hinge mechanism that secures the passenger fold down backrest in either position effortlessly. Just fold it up or down and you're ready to roll in style. Naturally, the saddle looks great in either position and is finished in your choice of styles for a totally custom look.For solo cruising, the passenger rest provides a slick look similar to our original Gunfighter saddle design. When you wish to carry passengers, just fold up the rear pad to reveal a generous passenger seating area complete with backrest. Of course the passenger seat and backrest pad are constructed with our exclusive Comfort Cell[SUP]®[/SUP] foam to give excellent support and riding range. This is the most versatile seat design available for your VTX. On the rear of the seat we use painted panels in colors to match your Honda paint job for a truly classy touch (sorry, solid colors only... no two-tones)."

Attached are pics of the actual seat. The leather is worn in the same spot on both sides. I put a penny next to the side that shows the most wear. Also has some tiny pin-prick marks on top of seat where you sit. Plastic panel has one thin scratch that is about 1/2" long and then a few very fine short scratches. I emailed Corbin yesterday to see if this panel could be purchased separately but have not heard back from them yet. Lock mechanism is missing two rubber pads, one at each end, that help protect the seat from the metal mechanism. Rubber tabs could be easily glued to the mechanism in place of them. Lock works fine. Only allowed 5 pics per post or I would attach a pic of the lock mechanism.

Hoppy

128_2812.jpg 128_2810.jpg 128_2826.jpg 128_2827.jpg 128_2818.jpg

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if it would fit a 2007 1800c?
It fit my 2005 1800C which has the same fuel tank and seat as a 2007 1800C so I don't know why it wouldn't. I sent an email to Corbin a couple of days ago asking them what year models 1800C's it fit and if the backrest panels were available separately but they have not responded yet. I'll send the another one today and post their answer here.

Hoppy

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if it would fit a 2007 1800c?
I apologize for the late reply. I've been ill and haven't been on the forum lately.
I emailed Corbin about which year model VTX1800C's it would fit and if the panel on the Rumble Seat could be replaced.
Here is their response.

"Thank you very much for your interest in our products, we've been making
seats over 40 years and are the leading motorcycle seat manufacture in the
country. Seat will fit all the way up til 2009
Plates can be purchase separately painted to match color of the
bike,Price is $59 plus $10 for the freight"

thanks
sergio

So it looks like it will fit all year model 1800C'c.

Hoppy

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price Lowered

Price Lowered to $125 OBO and you pay shiping from 95826.
Hoppy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Damn, so ready to pull the trigger on that. My Road Glide has been my cold weather bike though because it has heated grips. A warm ass goes a long ways though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Any chance this would fit an F? Want to get rid of my Kuryaken transformer sissy bar to add bags but wife needs a backrest. Thanks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any chance this would fit an F? Want to get rid of my Kuryaken transformer sissy bar to add bags but wife needs a backrest. Thanks.
No. This seat will fit all year models of the 1800C only. Sorry.

Hoppy

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks. I'll circle back with you, I am trying to win a complete C rear fender and then this seat will fit (I'll need a new seat after the swap).

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I'll circle back with you, I am trying to win a complete C rear fender and then this seat will fit (I'll need a new seat after the swap).
Cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts