Honda VTX Forum banner

How many total die in the US from COVID-19?

• Less than 5,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100,000-250,000

• 250,000-500,000

• 500,000+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 921 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, vote on how deadly you think this will be as well. US deaths. I'll close the poll before too long, so get your votes in over the next few days, if possible. I'll say 10,000+, but I think closer to 10,000 than 25,000.

More just for actual news on it and we can discuss as well, but not the constant one-liners. I still think this an election-year hoax in the way it's being overblown, myself. 1,600 dead last I saw isn't even an event in the US. H1N1 in 2009 killed 13,000 and was pretty much a non-event during the last administration. None of this madness. In any event, get the latest here and discuss...

Pentagon eyes Chicago, Michigan, Florida, Louisiana as coronavirus spreads...
Promised drive-through testing sites haven't materialized...
Longtime AMERICAN AIRLINES flight attendant dies while awaiting results...
NYC closed until end of MAY?
Demand for online ordering leaves grocery stores scrambling, customers waiting...
Meet the One Congressman Against Biggest Bailout in American History...
President Rages Against Republican That Warned Of Debt Bomb...
$2 TRILLION law passes without recorded vote...
Who got special deals? Pet projects declared 'Emergencies'...
Biggest Banks Flooded With Deposits in 'Flight to Quality'...
Terrifying cell phone map shows how virus can spread... VIDEO...
NEXT HOT SPOTS...
Cases hit 2 largest cities differently...
Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Patients Test Negative -- Then Positive...
Heart Attack? No, It Was Coronavirus...
DE BLASIO: Prepare for restrictions through May...
Bill Gates warns lockdown could last 10 WEEKS...
INTERNET SLOWING... CREAKING AT SEAMS...
'We're F*cked': Carrier Outbreak Sends Troops Scrambling...
AMAZON DELIVERY GUY DELIBERATELY SPITS ON PACKAGE...
Construction Companies Lobby to Keep Working as Coronavirus Spreads...
SICK MAP...

USA TOPS 100,000 CASES
POPE: WE'RE ALL IN IT TOGETHER

Not since Black Plague have Jerusalem's holy alleys fallen so still...

Florida Keys closed to visitors...

Organized crime enforces Brazil lockdown...

Bolsonaro urges end to social distancing...

Doctor working with Amazon tribe tests positive...

Italy, Spain Have Deadliest 24 Hours...

Nightfall brings nightmares in Rome's hospitals,...

Australia tightens quarantine rules...

Singapore may jail people who stand close...

Haiti hospital chief kidnapped...

'She just had a cough': Teen's death shakes France...

Paris hospitals near breaking point...

Finland blocks roads to Helsinki...

New taboos in famously freewheeling Amsterdam...

Shrimp vendor at Wuhan market may be patient zero...

How China Let Loose TWITTER Propaganda Machine...

Cuomo reveals 1,000 bed Manhattan field hospital...

Rousing speech to National Guard...

Truckers Wary of New York Deliveries Create Headache for Grocers...

Video shows disturbing, crowded hospital ER...

California cases jump...

Judge releases immigration detainees...

Health care workers feel like 'lambs to slaughterhouse'...

'I Love You' Can Mean 'Goodbye'...

DOCTOR arrested for coughing on co-workers...

Snowden Warns Government Surveillance Amid COVID-19 Could Be Long Lasting...

Bosses Buy Spy Software to Keep Tabs on Remote Workers...

UK ROCKED: BORIS POSITIVE...

Where did he catch it? Who did he infect?

THE CORONA CABINET...

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I guess we can't hide from reality and pretend it isn't there. At this point everything we know is just a guess, same as a poll.

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts
I guess we can't hide from reality and pretend it isn't there. At this point everything we know is just a guess, same as a poll.
I suppose. Kinda feels like wagering on lives. Feels, somehow ... I dunno ... wrong to me.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
With Cuomo the crier, who can say? Like they say, the Dems never let a crisis go to waste.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a pretty morbid topic for a poll, no?
JMO
I don't know. You can abstain. Not meant to be a death pool, just people's estimates.
Up to 50M infected and 40,000 dead in the US alone so far from the seasonal flu. I suspect this to be must less deadly, closer to the 13,000 that died from H1N1/Swine Flu in 2009 under Obama's watch where nary a complaint was heard from the MSM, meaning this intentional crashing of the economy has ulterior motives. In my eyes.
I watched the ABC nightly news with Nora O'Donnell last night and it was really something to behold. She also feigned crying/emotion.
Just curious who thinks what as far as the actual mortality numbers this will generate in the US.

Edit to add, is it still open? I can't really tell since I already voted. I was going to close it early but let it go at 7 days originally which was April 3rd, I believe.

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts
I don't know. You can abstain. Not meant to be a death pool, just people's estimates.
Up to 50M infected and 40,000 dead in the US alone so far from the seasonal flu. I suspect this to be must less deadly, closer to the 13,000 that died from H1N1/Swine Flu in 2009 under Obama's watch where nary a complaint was heard from the MSM, meaning this intentional crashing of the economy has ulterior motives. In my eyes.
I watched the ABC nightly news with Nora O'Donnell last night and it was really something to behold. She also feigned crying/emotion.
Just curious who thinks what as far as the actual mortality numbers this will generate in the US.

Edit to add, is it still open? I can't really tell since I already voted. I was going to close it early but let it go at 7 days originally which was April 3rd, I believe.
Looks like it's still open. I'm certain the intent was as you say. I was just voicing an opinion. No sweat brother.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
USA: People arrested for violating stay-at-home orders...
Inside president's risky push to reopen the country amid crisis...
Pentagon eyes Chicago, Michigan, Florida, Louisiana as coronavirus spreads...
California braces for cruelest month...
Promised drive-through testing sites haven't materialized...
NYC closed until end of MAY?
DEATH EVERY 9.5 MINS...
Rhode Island Police Hunt Down New Yorkers Seeking Refuge...
Demand for online ordering leaves grocery stores scrambling, customers waiting...
Farmers key to keeping nation fed are wary of spread...
What Happens If Workers Cutting Up Meat Get Sick?
Trump pushes back against congressional oversight for $500 billion bailout...
Woman Who Mocked Self-Quarantining On Socials -- Tests Positive...
New Yorker Tries to Recreate 'Italy Magic' By Singing Out Window, Told to 'Shut The F**k Up'...
KLOBUCHAR: Husband Coughing Up Blood...
Construction Companies Lobby to Keep Working...

SICK MAP...

VIRUS HITS POLICE
FEARS OF CIVIL UNREST

TRUMP MULLS NY, NJ, CT 'QUARANTINE'
CUOMO SLAMS

Riots erupt near Wuhan as locals are told they can’t travel despite quarantine being lifted...

Not since Black Plague have Jerusalem's holy alleys fallen so still...

Florida Keys closed to visitors...

Organized crime enforces Brazil lockdown...

Bolsonaro says 'sorry, some will die'...

Italy, Spain Have Deadliest 24 Hours...

Nightfall brings nightmares in Rome's hospitals,...

Australia tightens quarantine rules...

Last flight to Bangkok: 'If I die, I want to die in my country'...

Haiti hospital chief kidnapped...

'Super-spreader' guru puts Indian villages on high alert...

Finland blocks roads to Helsinki...

Epidemic infects Europe with 'germ of division'...

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Banned
519 Posts
I saw one chart that said for those testing positive for
covid 19 who are 60 years of age and over, the death rate is 6%

or 1 in 17 chance of death, if you get it

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I saw one chart that said for those testing positive for
covid 19 who are 60 years of age and over, the death rate is 6%

or 1 in 17 chance of death, if you get it
The numbers are too small and skewed---and people are bad at math.
I've seen some that say 3 x as deadly as the seasonal flu or like 2.4% (which is very high for a virus) compared to .8% for seasonal flu. Others that said 2 x as deadly at 1.6%. Everything is just estimates and guesstimates at this point, but extrapolating out for greater numbers versus just using "confirmed" versus "dead" brings it way down.
For example, the CDC reports that 28M or so were confirmed to have the seasonal flu at a doctor in 2017, 2M were hospitalized and 80,000 died. US figures only. Estimates that 120M +/- here probably had it given several don't even go to a doctor for treatment or to have it confirmed for every one that does. That was my understanding, anyway.
Meaning a shit-ton more people have had this and will have this than they document. Without question. But point taken on higher number for 60+ as well. That's also a certainty. I bet it's really scary above 75 and just devastating at 80+.
The danger is to hospitals and our nursing homes and all our elderly there, especially. It will be devastating to that population, no doubt.
I'm hearing it's spreading in nursing homes in multiple states. That is very sad.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dr. Anthony Fauci's trending facepalm was reportedly made to cover his face after a lozenge was stuck in his throat

• Dr. Anthony Fauci, the leading US expert on diseases, claimed a lozenge was stuck in his throat during a brief but trending moment that was caught on camera on Friday, according to The New York Times.
  • Fauci was seen gesturing with his hand to cover his face as President Donald Trump made a joke during a press conference.
  • Fauci reportedly said that he covered his face to hide the incident from the news reporters.
[IMG]

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who has been thrust into the national spotlight, reportedly claimed a lozenge was stuck in his throat during a brief but trending moment that was caught on camera on Friday.

Fauci, who served in six administrations since President Ronald Reagan, was seen gesturing with his hand to cover his face as President Donald Trump made a joke during a press conference at the White House Brady Press Briefing Room.

Standing behind the lectern, Trump likened the State Department as "the Deep State Department," when Fauci appeared to make some facial gestures and covered his face. According to a New York Times report published Monday, officials asked Fauci about the moment.

Fauci answered that his throat had been scratchy and the lozenge he was having became stuck in his mouth, according to The Times. He reportedly added that the covered his face to hide the incident from the news reporters.

Dr. Anthony Fauci's trending facepalm was reportedly made to cover his face after a lozenge was stuck in his throat

·
Registered
740 Posts
Urns: Wuhan, a city of 11 million with an average expected age of 75 years will have 146,000 people dying a natural death each year, or 400 each day. You shut down a city for 60 days you end up with 24000 dead bodies that need to be taken care off, and remember, the wet market is closed. (that was nasty but I could not resist).
I don't trust the Chinese one little bit, but let's not immediately jump on the conspiracy plot bandwagon.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 921 Posts