Honda VTX Forum banner

How many total die in the US from COVID-19?

• Less than 5,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100,000-250,000

• 250,000-500,000

• 500,000+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1041 - 1060 of 1250 Posts

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
this is true of any experimental treatment. there's no proof until data is analyzed. guess what, there's data on hydroxy and it shows it can help in most cases. the only reason it's vilified is because trump said it could work
And the fact that it has been around a long time, cheap, and there is no big money in it.

·
Premium Member
6,629 Posts
In my country we have what is called social security, organized by the government . This means that everybody, rich or poor, has access to the same basic healh care.
In Belgium there are no waiting lists. We have enough doctors an hospitals the reason why we treat many foreign patients.
People are free to choose their doctor or hosptal themselves. Of course this costs a lot of money the reason why we have a very high tax rate in Belgium.
Some doctors and private clinics ask a higher fee but this can be covered by an extra insurance. So I would call this a mixed system, something else than socialized medicine.
This is much like Canada. That is other than waiting lists for certain procedures. If I need an MRI and I don't want to wait, I can pay privately for one. Some elective surgeries are not covered either. I'd call it a mix as well, but not within a bulls roar of perfect.

It was one of my patients but I think you didn't get my message;)
No, I think it landed.

·
Premium Member
6,629 Posts
This is of course very good news but scientific prove is totally lacking.
I know somebody, 92 years old, whom suffered from COVID 19 and was finally healed after eating two bananas without Hydroxychloroquine treatment!
It is possible that scientific proof is lacking because it's interaction with the corona virus isn't completely clear. Hydroxychloroquine is effective in the treatment of some autoimmune diseases, but it, to this point, is unclear as to why. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. But it's like this. If I'm on deaths door and a doctor tells my wife I'll likely die, or they can try Hydroxychloroquine to help, I sure hope she says, "well let's try it". There is little left to lose at that point.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV. No seriously, I'm not a doctor, but establishing proof like this can take time. For some it's time they don't have.

·
Registered
17,185 Posts
We supposedly had scientific proof the virus started in a wet market until it didn't.
We supposedly had scientific proof the virus was easily contractible from surfaces until it wasn't.
We supposedly had scientific proof that everyone should where masks and then they shouldn't.
We supposedly had scientific proof that millions would die and then they didn't.
We supposedly had scientific proof there could be no large gatherings without a vaccine and then there were riots.
We supposedly had scientific proof there would be a massive rebound in the fall but now there won't.

The 'scientific method' these days is nothing more than an agenda-driven tool used to manipulate the masses.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
It is possible that scientific proof is lacking because it's interaction with the corona virus isn't completely clear. Hydroxychloroquine is effective in the treatment of some autoimmune diseases, but it, to this point, is unclear as to why. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. But it's like this. If I'm on deaths door and a doctor tells my wife I'll likely die, or they can try Hydroxychloroquine to help, I sure hope she says, "well let's try it". There is little left to lose at that point.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV. No seriously, I'm not a doctor, but establishing proof like this can take time. For some it's time they don't have.
The wife and I discussed this the other night. If either ones gets it we are demanding it and getting it anyway we can.

·
Premium Member
6,629 Posts
The wife and I discussed this the other night. If either ones gets it we are demanding it and getting it anyway we can.
As I understand it, there's more upside than down.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Today’s updated CDC numbers show a US total of 119,923 deaths from C-19 as of 6/21 at 4pm. Yesterday’s reported number was 119,615 total deaths from C-19, for a one day increase of 308 additional deaths. As of 4/28, the CDC daily report format changed and the breakdown of total deaths into categories of ‘confirmed’ and ‘probable’ is no longer clearly stated. It is reasonable to suspect that the ‘probable’ category continues to be roughly 10% or more of the reported total.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
this is true of any experimental treatment. there's no proof until data is analyzed. guess what, there's data on hydroxy and it shows it can help in most cases. the only reason it's vilified is because trump said it could work
it is not an experimental treatment anymore since there is enough scientific proof now that that Hydroxychloroquine treatment is not working and this has nothing to do with your president.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

In a desperate situation it is totally understandable that patients and doctors are inclined to try anything if the standard treatment of a disease doesn't seem to work.
However some of these experimental treatments while not being effective may cause more harm.
On the other hand there are also 'doctors' that make a lot of money offering expensive unproven alternative and experimental treatments while giving false hope to their patients.

·
Premium Member
6,629 Posts
In a desperate situation it is totally understandable that patients and doctors are inclined to try anything if the standard treatment of a disease doesn't seem to work.
However some of these experimental treatments while not being effective may cause more harm.
On the other hand there are also 'doctors' that make a lot of money offering expensive unproven alternative and experimental treatments while giving false hope to their patients.
I suppose you are right. I tend to believe, just as many of the deaths factually attributed to the virus, we now know should be treated as simply anecdotal, the anecdotal testimony that many were helped by having the drug administered should be further considered.

It is as likely that some doctors don't get offered extra money for administering "experimental" drugs, rather they have seen some benefit in some patients, and believe the benefit outweighs the risk. Your own post above indicates it "does no harm". It appears to me the risk is minimal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
it's been proven to reduce severity of symptoms and promote speedy recovery. it's not a cure, nothing is. it's just like tamiflu, it doesn't cure it, it makes it less severe and promotes recovery. it prevents people from requiring hospitalization which improves their chances of surviving the virus. it's also a preventative medicine showing a reduce transmission rate of the virus in people taking the drug. get your head out of your ass, kid.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
It was one of my patients but I think you didn't get my message;)
I was messing with you. I don't take everything, well, seriously.

Reactions: fastspek

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
it's been proven to reduce severity of symptoms and promote speedy recovery. it's not a cure, nothing is. it's just like tamiflu, it doesn't cure it, it makes it less severe and promotes recovery. it prevents people from requiring hospitalization which improves their chances of surviving the virus. it's also a preventative medicine showing a reduce transmission rate of the virus in people taking the drug. get your head out of your ass, kid.

And please try to discuss in a normal way.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Today’s updated CDC numbers show a US total of 120,333 deaths from C-19 as of 6/22 at 4pm. Yesterday’s reported number was 119,923 total deaths from C-19, for a one day increase of 410 additional deaths. As of 4/28, the CDC daily report format changed and the breakdown of total deaths into categories of ‘confirmed’ and ‘probable’ is no longer clearly stated. It is reasonable to suspect that the ‘probable’ category continues to be roughly 10% or more of the reported total.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
As of 6/23, WHO lists a total of 5,122 C-19 deaths in Sweden. Multiplying by 32 to scale up to the size of the US yields 163,904 deaths. Per the same WHO reported numbers on 6/23, the US C-19 death toll is 119,761. This means the less intrusive Swedish approach to coronavirus mitigation has resulted in 37% greater deaths, without yet accounting for timeline differences in general transmission dates seen by these two countries.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
As of 6/24, WHO lists a total of 5,161 C-19 deaths in Sweden. Multiplying by 32 to scale up to the size of the US yields 165,152 deaths. Per the same WHO reported numbers on 6/24, the US C-19 death toll is 120,171. This means the less intrusive Swedish approach to coronavirus mitigation has resulted in 37% greater deaths, without yet accounting for timeline differences in general transmission dates seen by these two countries.

1041 - 1060 of 1250 Posts