Honda VTX Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
To not see it as killing a living being (murder) or not understand that most getting one used no other form of birth control is IGNORANCE, to use one of your favorite terms.
Killing a living being is not the same as murdering unless you consider a fetus as a human being and that's where it is all about in this whole thread. Only humans can be murdered while other living beings only can be killed. So any agrreement on this subject in this whole thread seems impossible.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
My main research on abortion was watching a few of them . The doctor laid out the legs and arms on a tray and then the body of what looked to me to be a small human body and human arms and legs . Fetus also kicked in pain when the arms and legs were pulled off . I recommend you watch a few abortions .
Are you sure you didn't watch a film about Dr Mengele since this is absolutelly not the way that a LEGAL abortion is performed.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Accidents happen, Rape happens (look at college rape stats, if you are unaware it will be shocking). No birth control method is 100% effective, not he pill, and neither are condoms.
I'd agree with that. I think it's important not to get hung up on the small minority of cases where a case can be made for abortion, but focus on the vast majority of cases where the pregnancy was due to irresponsible behavior. The "what about rape" argument is pretty tired at this point. I don 't think anyone is entirely dismissive of those cases. But they are a small percentage of cases.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Killing a living being is not the same as murdering unless you consider a fetus as a human being and that's where it is all about in this whole thread. Only humans can be murdered while other living beings only can be killed. So any agreement on this subject in this whole thread seems impossible.
I don't think agreement was ever going to happen. It's more of a sharing of perspective. Using your definition as a basis, a living being is not the same as a human being. The fetus is a living being, and is a human fetus, it's not a huge stretch to believe that a human fetus is a human being. If you don't believe that, then that is fine, you do you, but I have not seen a valid point as to when that human fetus becomes a human being. At what point is that. Some have pointed out that is when the fetus exist the womb. Sounds reasonable, but I have trouble with a human being becoming a human being in the matter of seconds, or minutes. To define something so important over something so trivial by comparison, just doesn't make sense. But again, you do you. Obviously the line is going to be different for different people. It's less important in a constructive dialog to reach an understanding of another's position than it is to adopt it as your own. If you understand why people believe what they believe instead of thinking everyone that doesn't agree with you is a whack-job, then you will walk away, at least somewhat enlightened. I know I got many enlightening counterpoints in this entire dialog. I won't agree, but I recognize why you believe what you believe.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
....... If you understand why people believe what they believe instead of thinking everyone that doesn't agree with you is a whack-job,
or IGNORANT

then you will walk away, at least somewhat enlightened. I know I got many enlightening counterpoints in this entire dialog. I won't agree, but I recognize why you believe what you believe.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
To not see it as killing a living being (murder) or not understand that most getting one used no other form of birth control is IGNORANCE, to use one of your favorite terms.
Our entire Federal legal system doesn't see abortion as "murder" and neither does The World Health Organization. When medical doctors are polled, the great majority are in favor of legalized abortion with women doctors especially in favor of it. I suppose your knowledge of what is murder shows just how ignorant the legal and medical professional are compared to you. (y)

I'm gonna label you a "stable genius".

It's apparent you don't know what the word "preferred" means, or at least in the context of how you used it. It's IGNORANT to assume that women seeking abortions prefer them as a form of birth control. Studies show the prefered method among child bearing age women is 1) The pill, and 2) Use of condoms.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Again with the condescension. I'm not surprised. Nothing you said was beyond my "comprehension", and it's somewhat presumptive for you to assume so. Instead of attacking ones character, maybe try addressing the subject matter.
Expressing an opinion that someone else will likely never understand your view isn't condescension. Do you think I'm going to ever understand your points? If you answer no I don't take that as an attack on my character. Many well meaning, good characters pave the road to hell with good intentions.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Our entire Federal legal system doesn't see abortion as "murder" and neither does The World Health Organization.
The WHO doesn't lend much credibility to anything right now HOP after praising China for the way they handled the corona virus outbreak, very poor credibility IMO

·
Registered
767 Posts
This thread has gone on so long I'm tempted to ask yeah yeah but what oil do you use in your bike and why is it a better oil?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Since you asked:
For me this is the best since it is soft, has a neutral pH and it is suitable for wet diapers.
And it proctects your engine and your buttocks!

Sorry but I couldn't resist...

·
Registered
14 Posts
The WHO doesn't lend much credibility to anything right now HOP after praising China for the way they handled the corona virus outbreak, very poor credibility IMO

Let's be careful about blaming someone else (The WHO) to distract from our own mistakes (Trump).

Jan. 22 “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”
Feb. 10 “Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
Feb. 24 “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
March 9 “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power ... to inflame the CoronaVirus situation.”
March 17 “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 18 “I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the ‘borders’ from China - against the wishes of almost all.”
March 24 “I’d love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.”

101 - 113 of 113 Posts