Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some help. At about 65 at a even speed it seems I'm running out of gas, I switch the petcock and the problem persists. I just had a rejet and a gas regulator from a 55 to a 60. Any ideas what would make it seem like it's running out of gas?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Errol, Welcome to Florida. Obviously there are a number of items that could affect this on your 2004 VTX 1300.

Sometimes the choke can be slightly out after working on the bike. Make sure it's tightly in and the cable is properly seated in the carb In addition, the petcock runs by vacuum so there could be a slight vacuum leak or the valve could be going bad.

You spoke of changing you pilot jet from 55 to 60? That will affect the engine at idle and low speeds. Most bikes get good results with the pilot about 2 to 2 1/2 turns out max. Sometimes less. Was anything else changed? Could the float be sticking? Could breathing be restricted?

That's about the extent of my knowledge such as it is. Someone else will have to continue after you provide more information.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Errol, Welcome to Florida. Obviously there are a number of items that could affect this on your 2004 VTX 1300.

Sometimes the choke can be slightly out after working on the bike. Make sure it's tightly in and the cable is properly seated in the carb In addition, the petcock runs by vacuum so there could be a slight vacuum leak or the valve could be going bad.

You spoke of changing you pilot jet from 55 to 60? That will affect the engine at idle and low speeds. Most bikes get good results with the pilot about 2 to 2 1/2 turns out max. Sometimes less. Was anything else changed? Could the float be sticking? Could breathing be restricted?

That's about the extent of my knowledge such as it is. Someone else will have to continue after you provide more information.
It's only at steady speeds and I can give it gas and it will go. I have the spyker mod airbox and cobra slip ons

1 - 4 of 4 Posts