Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 VTX 1800c. Just bought it two months ago. Kinda a noob when it comes to bikes. I was riding today and came to a red light. I put the bike into neutral to check saddle bags. I know I know a big no no. When the light turned green, I could not get it into first. Tried to pull it up into second nothing, just stayed in neutral. This is the second or third time this has happened. I have put over 1200 miles on it so far and no other problems. I just want to know what I need to check. Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine does that periodically too. I think I read somewhere on this board to release the clutch lever and pull it again, then try 1st gear. That works for me every time. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
clean and grease the foot shifter and its linkage.. very common problem.. do this at every oil change.

the shifting assembly is a ratchet and if the linkage or foot petal is dirty or tight it will NOT return to center.. preventing a gear change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.