Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I will call Damon's next Monday to reserve their room if we have over 30 guys/gals heading there for the Meet&Greet on Saturday April 30th. So let me have a count off of who's still planning on making it. 8)

If you're new then here is the thread telling where and how and when this ride will be.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60231

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Holy Crap!!
50!!!!!! so far
42 from Illinois
5 from Indy
3 from Wisc.
0 Missouri
8)

·
Registered
386 Posts
You're not counting the Gateway X-Riders. Mike is taking a poll on the olld site. Stay on him. I signed up, with two other people the day I put it up. There are 4 signed up as of right now. These guys are slow to respond..............

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damon's is set for 50 people at 12:00 noon Saturday April 30th(Rain date May 1st)
Ask for the VTX Owners Association gathering, if you don't see anyone. Christie is the Assistant Manager that will be there for us if we need something. If by Wednasday it looks as if it is going to be crappy outside I will call Jeff the Manager to let him know.
Have a safe trip to Damon's 8)

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't look good guys. 49 and now 70% rain.

Let's get a quick count of how many want to have it this Saturday regaurdless and how many favor a rain delay till next Saturday the 7th. :?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Spike, on the gateway board, I'm pretty sure that everyone has cancelled due to the bad weather forecast. Sorry that it didn't work out better for you. I know that alot of people were very excited about this.

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, if it is going to be bad, I will postpone the date until next saturday the 7th. 8)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dangit Spike! Two weekends in a row that I can't make it. Oh well, I'll meet you guys in Ohio.

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, as it stands the Indiana guys are wanting a rain delay till next weekend, the Missouri guys as well and even some of the Illinois boys want to skip this weekend. So, I guess I'll make it for next weekend May 7th noon, same place Damon's, same time 12noon. Sorry for those that can not make it next weekend and for those that got out of work for this weekend. 8)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Bump

Hope you "Show me" staters still have this on your agenda. Weather looks good. We've got folks from Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana coming in. There are some cool bikes to view and wacky guys to meet.

12 noon at the north end of Veterans Parkway (Business I-55). It'll be the place to see and be seen.

Woot!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wish I could attend but with the Injuries I had last year I have a workmans comp case going and the big thing I shouldn't do until its completed is drive a vehicle and especially my C model which just sits in the garage and gets started every few days.

To tell you the truth I really wanted to go and meet everyone again. I worked with Handler on alot of things before I got hurt and can't put any of that stuff into action until this other crap gets done with.

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all that made it. It was a great success it seems with over 45 bikes making the trip. Again, Sorry that I was late. I had expected to be one of the first ones there but I couldn't just leave Acrotech and David stranded there. I think it would have been nice had we had time to hang and go for a ride but people rode a long way and needed to start back. Maybe next year we make it an overnighter? Finding a cheap hotel and planing for a short ride so we could spend more time getting to know everyone???
Well, that's 12 months away, I'll start thinking about it if there is enough interest in an overnighter. Thanks again everyone. 8)
:beer3:

·
Registered
176 Posts
My case gets done in the next few months that would be a definite yes by me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts