Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You may want postpone any motorcycle trips with the Coronavirus threat getting worse. I'm starting to see local biker events being canceled. Dam I was just starting to ride as the weather was warming up and looking forward to the new riding season.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
stay away from large groups.. if you must.

Ride, much great views and roads to ride.

remember,, the sky is falling... if you believe....
read up on the Spanish flu.. 1918...

< learn History,, or repeat it. >

·
Old Goat
25,146 Posts
On a similar note....this virus was known....why wasn’t a vaccine already in place...probably wasn’t any Money to be made..I kinda wish now I had taken prepping a little more serious...dont even have a bug-out bag...Prayers for the world....:cry:...

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Would a vaccine have helped, as it's already been reported that it's mutated at least once.

·
Old Goat
25,146 Posts
Would a vaccine have helped, as it's already been reported that it's mutated at least once.
Maybe slowed it down...help flatten the curve..its certainly a mute point now...showed the government cared....yeah right..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The 2 motorcycle Meetup groups i belong to still have rides planned with 16+ riders for this weekend and are planning new rides in the weeks ahead, no mention of the CV issue.... I have yet to commit to a ride yet because of this.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Now I'm CLOSELY watching my health- The local newspaper had a quote from the President of a big local college, St. Francis University of Loretto, Pa. He was speaking to a reporter, about his recent trip to Italy just over 2 weeks ago. Well, I attended a home basketball game there not quite 2 weeks ago, and he was sitting in a seat just in front and to the right of me & my buddy. At halftime I got up to use the mens room, and came back to find he was in my seat, talking with the woman who was sitting on my immediate left. Probably about his trip. Now, as a disclaimer at this point, he hasn't shown any symptoms, or have I, but that just goes to show how innocently a random contact -could- lead to the pandemic.

·
Old Goat
25,146 Posts
Covid-19
The new “An Inconvenient Truth” ....(y)

Reactions: RBS and rangers4u

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Being somewhat of a loner my lifestyle lends itself to sheltering in place. I normally avoid crowds and have for many years.
What bothers me most is the thought of not being able to get supplies and food etc. My grocery store has already reduced its hours because of this... Feels like it's slowly turning into a survival scenario.... Hoping it's just a worry and not a reality....

·
Old Goat
25,146 Posts
Being somewhat of a loner my lifestyle lends itself to sheltering in place. I normally avoid crowds and have for many years.
What bothers me most is the thought og not being able to get supplies and food etc. My grocery store has already reduced its hours because of this... Feels like it's slowly turning into a survival scenario.... Hoping it's just a worry and not a reality....
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^....

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I don’t ride in large groups or attend “biker” events. It’s not going to affect me except that I will have to pack food since most restaurants are closed. If motels close up I’ll likely just camp.
I’m more worried about the economy. Boston has shut down all construction projects, bars and restaurants closed, schools closed. It’s going to domino for a while.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I hate the look of the CV name. Wish it wasn't in the title of this thread so its now in-my-face, even here, for the next month or so... Any possibility to move this to the OTE forum so those that want to look at it can???? I'd appreciate it, if you can.

Don't need the negative vibes of seeing the issue in my face so much.

Maybe i'm asking too much here either way i'll survive, sorry if i'm being a :poop: (sh*thead)...

No offense to the OP

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I ride with a couple of buddies once a week. We stopped going to restaurants for lunch and pack ours lunches. We need to be more conscious about keeping six feet between us when we stop, since we've all been in close proximity to unknowns within the past couple of weeks. The cost per mile for fuel is running at about 4¢ and probably will go lower.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
I went for a 200 mile ride..
to Hebbronville in Jim Hogg county.. all restaurants in this county are To-Go ONLY...
so ask where can we eat inside
was told to go to Falfurrias in Brooks county.
Brooks county does permit eat-in...
BUT...
many chain restaurants do not permit eat-in all over Texas.
after 3 chain restaurants.. Pizza Hut for lunch..

then home..

almost like the 1974 Fuel embargo
open every other day.. no weekends...
5 gallons only.

·
Old Goat
25,146 Posts
I would imagine all of us expected something like this was just around the corner....only a matter of time......I’m sure the country/world will persevere....but this could be the new normal....fingers crossed....#stayhealthy

·
Registered
29,439 Posts
I have no problem riding alone, actually, I prefer it. I do ride with 4 or 5 others on occasion.
Due to my medical conditions, day trips are about all I can do.

I've found, at least in my area, coffee shops, restaurants etc are open, but you have to get your order to go.

·
Registered
814 Posts
What a load of panic! I am still riding with a group of twenty or so every Wednesday. Yes, the world around us has gone crazy but REALLY, aren't we all risk takers by the nature of riding? (me, perhaps more so the way I ride) Here down under we have just weathered a one in one hundred year drought, massive bushfires with half the country burnt away and now a virus scare that has some scared witless. We have all outlived friends to get to this age. Don't change your lives to join in with the fear of others. Live for today, life is short.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The weather this Winter here has been extremely mild. Gives me the itch to ride more than usual. I have to finish up a project I am working on but after that, I am going to hit the road.

My only real concern is that most all restaurants, public attractions even some state parks are going to be closed. I don't mind just cursing around on the back roads but sometimes I like to ride to an attraction like - car/bike shows, county fairs, local festivals - that sort of thing. Now, most all of these events have been canceled or are closed. More than an inconvenience to me, the economic fall out from this is going to be a real butt kicker.

Oh well, I guess we will all have to make the best of it. Ride when you can, where you can.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts