Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else get an email from HDL that their X-hinge is in and has been shipped? Got email notification Thursday that it shipped from the Florida warehouse. Can't wait to get it on and not worry about where to put the gas cap when filling up!! :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Got the same notice. It should be here Monday. I know what i am doing first thing Tuesday. :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got my notice the other day too, shipped from Florida warehouse.
Waiting by the mailbox as we speak!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Holy sh!!t, I forgot I even ordered that thing. Its been 3 months since I ordered it. I finally got an email too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well I hope they send mine. I have not received notification and I ordered mine May 5. I have been given 3 different ship dates.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yep! Got mine Wednesday and put in on in 10 minutes. Great piece of metal and excellent chroming. I had to cut the 2 strips of lead tape into 1/4 (or so) bits and double them up on each other in order to get a "snug fit" as they say... I coulda used bit more tape. Other than that, it was a snap to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine arrived Friday afternoon. When my wife saw it, the first thing she said was "That was HOW much? :shock: ". I installed it this morning. My only issue was that the metal tape did not want to stick. Took about 15 minutes to get it installed. It looks great though! This was well worth the (LONG) wait. :D :D

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I guess I was just plain lucky in that they had it in stock when I ordered it this past Spring. Great piece by the way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had mine for a couple of years now and it is a great piece for the bike even though it is quite pricey.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I got it today, thanks Coyote and Hal. I'll have to put it on this weekend.

·
Registered
885 Posts
X hinge

Got mine last Friday(13th :shock: ) and installed as soon as I got a few minutes. Did need a little more tape to "snug" fit the cap in the holder but had some aluminum HVAC tape on hand to fix it right up. 8) 8) 8) and should be on all VTX as stock. 1st ride only about an hour to try out the new trees and 4 VTX riders say, WHERE in the He&% did you get that, been on that [email protected] puter again haven't you. Hal, better get some more of the "X" hinges in stock cause I'm sendin some Xers your way.
MoeX

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine arrived Monday and I had it on shortly. The absolute best part (besides not worrying where to put the cap when getting gas), is that it looks like it was on the bike when it came from the factory, not an after market part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.