Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came to the top of this hill had to stop quick because a car was coming and I lost my balance and couldn’t reach the freaking brake in time so I rolled back and crunch, busted my kuryakyn rear turn signal. And I checked they’re out of stock till who knows when. I looked on eBay and I can’t find that the aftermarket one and I can’t even find OE stuff. Got any ideas what I should do?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Might help to tell us or show us exactly what you have.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
If your rig is the one in the photo, it appears you could order aftermarket signals and mount them into the existing unit, but you'll have to take out the existing signals and rig the replacements so they fasten into the holes of the existing rig. If he holes are too big, for your replacement signals, you might need to get some large washers with a center the signals base can go through for securing on the inside of the fender, and still hold the new signal from coming through the rig via the washers. Just splice in the wires to the existing wires and you're done.

Something like these:
Automotive lighting Product Medical equipment Headlamp Font

J&P Cycles Chrome Turn Signals

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your rig is the one in the photo, it appears you could order aftermarket signals and mount them into the existing unit, but you'll have to take out the existing signals and rig the replacements so they fasten into the holes of the existing rig. If he holes are too big, for your replacement signals, you might need to get some large washers with a center the signals base can go through for securing on the inside of the fender, and still hold the new signal from coming through the rig via the washers. Just splice in the wires to the existing wires and you're done.

Something like these:
View attachment 196824
J&P Cycles Chrome Turn Signals
Yep, but the problem is I crunched the metal mounting bracket too. Got to replace the whole thing, me thinks.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
which side? left or right I believe they are directional for mounting.

also I don't believe the LEDs in mine work, but you should be able easily swap yours into them.

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I fell down on the left side, and actually the turn signal works, it’s just the bracket that broke. The turn signal got road rash but I’m more concerned about getting a new bracket, even if I have to buy some new aftermarket turn signals.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I fell down on the left side, and actually the turn signal works, it’s just the bracket that broke. The turn signal got road rash but I’m more concerned about getting a new bracket, even if I have to buy some new aftermarket turn signals.
I have those Kuryakyn mini bullets with the brackets, I will dig them out on Tuesday and PM you.. I am heading out of town in an hour and won't be back until late monday night.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts

·
Registered
I Ride
87 Posts
It's nice to see people helping each other out like this. Thank you, I needed that. Been a rough week.

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Before I do anything I’m gonna see if Mr. incredible has what I need.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
166 Posts
Before I do anything I’m gonna see if Mr. incredible has what I need.
Words I’m sure he’s been waiting here most of his life :ROFLMAO: good luck getting it sorted out!!

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
ok I have these. I have 2 red and 2 amber, with the brackets, but it appears they might be shorter than the brackets shown in your image.

2 have the curved covers, 2 have the round covers, the chrome is a bit rough but likely easy to clean and buff out, they have been in storage for 16 years.

images below, all are yours for shipping, my guess is $25 -$30 anywhere in the US (except HI and Alaska).

Plant Tableware Dishware Flower Serveware

Ornament Flower Arranging Flower Event Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Headlamp
Finger Plant Artisan Nail Wrist

Reactions: icopus and jkatzz

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok I have these. I have 2 red and 2 amber, with the brackets, but it appears they might be shorter than the brackets shown in your image.

2 have the curved covers, 2 have the round covers, the chrome is a bit rough but likely easy to clean and buff out, they have been in storage for 16 years.

images below, all are yours for shipping, my guess is $25 -$30 anywhere in the US (except HI and Alaska).

View attachment 197120
View attachment 197121 View attachment 197118 View attachment 197119
That would be great, but do you also have this bracket for mounting? This is the part that I really need and cannot find anywhere:
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
oh I see you broke the whole thing.

let me dig around, I don't have that, but I might know someone that does

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, I did. And there’s clearly no way to repair it so it’s either find another kury mounting bracket or else go back to the OEM one if I can dig that one up. I’m not sure the previous owner gave it to me. I appreciate you looking for it. I’ll gladly pay you over and above shipping for a kuryakyn if you happen to have one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts