Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next mod for my bike is a crash bar. I was riding with my club when an inexperienced rider on an 05 1300R got scared by his floor board scrapeing and straitend out of a turn into a curb. He bobbled for a while then went down on his left side. Left leg under the bike, then the bike turned over onto the right side and slid to a stop. I was right behind him and saw how late he was in leaning for the turn and I knew he was going to scrape when he did lean her. If I had not practiced scraping my boards I might have done the same. Anyway, because of the crash bar the only damage was a scraped knee, and scraped crash bar! When IT happend it was UGLY. We stood the bike up and except for a little coolant from the reservoir, and the earlier mentioned scrapes, Both the rider and the bike were fine. Practice your skills friends, cause that crashin stuff aint pretty. Ride safe.

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
I'll second that. When I got my first bike, I had more crashbar experience than riding experience. They were the only thing that ever got scratched. Of course, they are most effective when standing still or barely moving, but they do break the fall and also make it easier to get off the ground once down.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
+1 dropped mine and the only thing was throttle side mirror and a board member oracle gave me a set of c mirrors free. Ill pay that forward. have a safe one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts