Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hard way to start the day. Glad to hear you're ok.

Most of the general motoring public doesn't care about other people anymore. They slow down and rubber neck at an accident, as if they enjoy the sight of someone else's misfortune.
I think part of it is people are afraid to get involved to stop and help. Their thinking is somebody else will.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
on the other hand, if the cop put his lights and siren on, pulled a quick u-turn, raced over to you blocking traffic ...then a news reporter was close by started shooting... you could have been labeled the town retard on the evening news :oops:

Cop may have done you a favor 😁
LOL

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Glad no broken bones, the road rash heals a lot faster. Is the bike totaled ? Be thankful no one ran over you when you went down ! Good luck healing and getting going again .
$4,000 bike. $600 in damages. the crankset was $245, the hydraulic brake system $300. derailleur $150.

I have insurance with $100 deductible on the bike, insurance has already processed the claim and I should have a check in a few days. I've already repaired the bike and it is back on the road as of last night.

while I could have saved a few bucks buying on Amazon, I needed the bike back up as fast as possible and prefer supporting a local mom and pop business. the local bike shop I used had everything I needed in stock and had the bike repaired in less than a day. my road rash will take a bit longer..

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
😂 and it was meant to be amusing...😂

Most jokes or amusing stories are based at least somewhat on truth, it may be very embarrassing for some guys to even be noticed falling off a bicycle, by anyone. Nobody seeing it is the closest to "never happened", you can get.

Cop may have seen you but but decided you were OK and intervention was not required. Police intervention itself can be some level of risk, like if that cop did do a u-turn in traffic and blocked traffic etc. Maybe you got up right away and looked ok,
vs laying on the ground for an extended period.

My point is maybe not rush to judgement on the Cop's alleged carelessness.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That must be some bicycle, that's what I paid for my 2007 VTX 1300C! Glad you got it fixed and back on the road but , yep , that road rash ain't gonna heal as quick as you healed the bike!!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
$4,000 is exactly what i had paid for my VTX. :oops::D Yup, some bicycle, what brand model?

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
So sorry to hear you crashed. Bright side: chicks dig scars.

I stop for people all the time. Last time was a guy who was pushing his electric cart down the road. I pulled over and found out it broke down. I just shoved it in the back of my suv and drove him home.

I do it for karma. I hope I do enough good, I was not a good kid growing up.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That must be some bicycle, that's what I paid for my 2007 VTX 1300C! Glad you got it fixed and back on the road but , yep , that road rash ain't gonna heal as quick as you healed the bike!!
$4,000 is exactly what i had paid for my VTX. :oops::D Yup, some bicycle, what brand model?
Trek Domane-LT I got it with a $1,500 discount last year.

Domane+ LT | Trek Bikes

I've maxed it out at 42mph going down hill, 33 on flat land. I cycle commute to work 3-4 days a week 23 miles each way, usually in 52-65 minutes.. most of the way is paved bike path through the L.A. riverbeds.

430lbs to 222lbs in 15 months, cycling is a big part of that, started in 10-2020 after I was down to 360lbs. Stomach cancer forced the removal of 80% of my stomach, this created a situation of drastic weight loss in a short period of time, I jumped in with both feet to get myself healthy again.

I knew when I started out there was no way in hell I was going 3 miles much less 23 on a standard bike, so I got an e-bike with pedal assist. you have to pedal to make the electric motor work in the original configuration. I wired in a throttle for emergency situations like what happened last week. to use the throttle I have to remove the crank arms, so I carry tools with me to do so. damn good thing I thought ahead. else I would have been stuck for several hours. This isn't my first crash, but it is the worst. the first one no damage to me or the bike, but it set me on the path to be sure I could throttle it to my destination if I needed to.

This bike is easily converted to a standard road bike if I ever decided to give up the assist motor.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts