If so what brand?
Any issues putting them on?
I have heard the palm rest is nice but it would be great to
completely relax my hands.....
thx

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I have the MADCO and love it! quick and easy to work and not too bad on the pocket, and it aint plastic.
lots of threads on this subject too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
madco

where do you get a madco?
thanks john

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Re: madco

JC41AE said:
where do you get a madco?
thanks john

www.madcorider.com

I can't rave enough about it. The chrome makes it look stock. It's a breeze to install if you are also installing new grips.

If I had the money ($200+) I would have gotten the Brake Away - but for $75, this works and looks great.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those really look nice....I did look at Brake away but that is an a$$ load of money....
do you have the cam lock or cock and lock systems.

thx

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I had a few questions when i got my MADCO throttle lock, so I called them. they are the best people to deal with over the phone. I had a long ride comming up that weekend and wanted to install it before then, I let them know that and they sent it out that day, sent it overnight and did not charge me for the shipping! you cant beat that.
if you got questions, call em.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Camlock

I just installed the MADCO cam lock trorttle control with my kury grips. It works great. Can't wait for a longer ride this weekend.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Re: Camlock

larry5601 said:
I just installed the MADCO cam lock trorttle control with my kury grips. It works great. Can't wait for a longer ride this weekend.
Hi. I have the Kury grips already installed and I can not pull them off the handlebars. Is that a problem? or you don't have to remove the grips to install the cruise control?

·
Registered
246 Posts
cruise control

i've got the braided leather grips with cruise from cool-sac. no problems plus it aids in starts by letting me not use the choke. be advised though that these grips are very large diameter and some folks don't like that. i don't have huge hands but these grips are equally comfortable with or without gloves. something to consider here in se arizona! can post or send pics.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I have to agree with what everyone is saying about Madco, great to deal with and great product. I had to remove my Kury grips to install it, everyone said it couldn't be done-------------------they don't know me very well do they. I did eventually go with the brakeaway but have nothing but good to say about the cock & lock, you won't be sorry, looks like it belongs on the bike.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I had to remove my Kury grips to install it, everyone said it couldn't be done-------------------

how did you remove your Kury grips?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Juanchithebiker said:
I had to remove my Kury grips to install it, everyone said it couldn't be done-------------------

how did you remove your Kury grips?
it cant be done

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
lol, thats why i posted that to give Bruce a hard time. sorry you didnt catch my humor

·
Registered
92 Posts
awesome cin said:
Does anyone have any throttle control?
Do you like it?
If so what brand?
Any issues putting them on?
I have heard the palm rest is nice but it would be great to
completely relax my hands.....
thx
Yes.
I absolutly love it!
Brakeway
I had a fellow pro wrench install it. Here's what he did.
I have the Kury's so he removed the grip by taking a slim screwdriver and sticking it under the rubber near the housing and scraped the old glue so it would brake loose and come off. Clean and scrape the plastic throttle.

After removing the grip, he ground down the flange part just a little so the throttle lock part will fit over the flange and butt up next to the housing leaving no gap.

Then install the Brakeaway acording to the instructions. He used SuperGlue Gel to stick the grip back on.

I just got back from a 1200 + mile run. For me, it's the best investment I'll ever make on my bike. I don't why I waited 22,000 miles before putting it on. If you do a lot of long highway riding, it's a must have.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the info folks....based on price and looks I am getting the Madcos ......cant wait to give the right hand a rest.....it will help while riding the bike also :lol:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Kury grips and Madco cruise control

Assuming that you still have the stock grips.

Would it make the most sense to install the MADCO cruise control before or together with the Kury grips?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts