Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of the CP Punisher bars about this time last year. Over the next few months they began to rust. I cleaned them and tightened the cover when not riding. Well, they are now completely rusted on the risers and in all of the welds. I went to the website and got the contact number for the company, tried to call them. No answer for weeks. Finally got in touch with someone, explained the problem and was told replacements would be sent. That was 3 weeks ago. Now I can't get in touch with them again. It's somewhat disheartening to want to ride but not want to be embarassed by rusted bars. Anyone else have any problems with these guys? Anybody here know anyone that works for CP that could maybe give me some information? I'm going nuts with this thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cry:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the same problem inside the wiring holes. I have not tried to contact them yet to see what the *&#^ but I will in the near future.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Bad news for you guys.... I bought a handlebar from them on April, they said they sent me the merchandise.... to make my story short, NO handlebar, no money. They stole my $$ and I can't get in contact with them.
So, I wish you luck.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have the same issue on the inside of the wiring holes, on the risers. It's a real shame though, cause I really love these bars.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
If you end up not being able to get them to make good on their product, you might consider sending them to Handler and having them rechromed. The quality of his crome work is excellent.

·
Registered
330 Posts
bars

i just blow off the bike with a leaf blower after washing. and i clean out the holes everytime i wipe down the bike. this time i put anti sieze into the holes,hopefully it will not let the rust start to soon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great! So we have another thief on the boards now, huh? I'll prolly have them rechromed then. Which means another 3-4 weeks of no riding. Sorry SOB's. Ya gotta love internet businesses. You really have no recourse should things like this happen. :roll:

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
QUESTION: Would you guys recommend spray painting a clear coat inside the bars before installing them???

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I have had goo luck with them....you might want to look up dhvac on the pa board.....he had a bad set and got a r/p/# and then got a new set sent to him asap.....he was happy as pie with them....so then after that i got a set too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts