Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't gone very far, I am pretty much a solo rider, but I love cruising around town styling and profiling with my 2003 VTX 1300. It is a beautiful bike and I love showing it off. I know many other riders feel the same. What is it with bikes? I have had some nice cars, but I never just showcased them. Cars are good transportation, but a pretty bike is so much more. I love looking at pretty bikes (mine or otherwise). Any thoughts on why we tend to raise our bikes above any other type of transportation?

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Girl Friend
Horse
personality
Image.
Man Hood.

50 years of riding...
I do not care about any of the above.. I just want to Ride another time... and another...
200 miles today... visited Space X, Texas..
with the weatherman saying 20 percent chance of Rain.. I got WET (Soaked)

6 times in them 200 miles.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My bike is my everyday ride when it's not raining or snowing real hard. I go on rides with my wife and friends too but my bike is not saved for special occasions and sunny days. I spend a lot more money on gas than I do on wax and chrome polish.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I haven't gone very far, I am pretty much a solo rider, but I love cruising around town styling and profiling with my 2003 VTX 1300. It is a beautiful bike and I love showing it off. I know many other riders feel the same. What is it with bikes? I have had some nice cars, but I never just showcased them. Cars are good transportation, but a pretty bike is so much more. I love looking at pretty bikes (mine or otherwise). Any thoughts on why we tend to raise our bikes above any other type of transportation?
Why we ride...? No other feeling like it, not a car, truck or boat. Being out there with the wind all around you, the open road, the power of my VTX under me. Even very familiar sights or roads seem more picturesque or exciting on a bike but my favorite is to explore roads and places I have never seen before. This is a huge country, with plenty too see and every bike owner owes themselves the chance to see as much of it as you can before you hang up the spurs.

I started riding dirt bikes when I was just a kid, hit the streets when I first got my licence at 16 and been riding every since, I'm now 65 and will continue to ride as long as I can. Why do I ride... it's not just a "mode of transportation", it's special way of life, a special way to look at life, on the back of my bike. Like I started out saying... No other feeling like it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I thought cruising was when Gay men went looking for casual sex. In the UK its called cottaging and is normally done around public toilets at odd hours. (no I am not gay) so when you say you like to cruise............ :+)
See Al Pacino movie of the same name

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Star Trek got its Transporter....H.G. Wells had his Time Machine...we gots the VTX...:grin2:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
A thrill, addiction, or therapy. Call it what you will. I've enjoyed biking since my cousin took me on my first ride at 6 yo on his Kushman scooter.
Have even been told my bike was an idol..

·
Registered
231 Posts
A thrill, addiction, or therapy. Call it what you will. I've enjoyed biking since my cousin took me on my first ride at 6 yo on his Kushman scooter.
Have even been told my bike was an idol..
There are worse forms of idolatry than being a biker LoL can you imagine how many Christians would have to give up if that was the case?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
can you imagine how many Christians would have to give up if that was the case?

Where is the source of this deep thought? I'm not taking your word for it. :wink2:

·
Registered
231 Posts
See Curt E's post above. Not my deep thought I am afraid.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I thought cruising was when Gay men went looking for casual sex. In the UK its called cottaging and is normally done around public toilets at odd hours. (no I am not gay) so when you say you like to cruise............ :+)
See Al Pacino movie of the same name
Here in the States, Cruising was almost a tradition. Back in the 50s and 60s, usually on the weekends, kids get their hotrods, and motorcycles, and Cruise up and down "Main Street" or the beach, showing off their cars, muscles, and tans. Quite the social affair.

It's also a great song by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles.8)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cruising the way you describe it is something hig school kids did. Was a great way to meet up with friends on Friday n Saturday night...partying..However with the price of gas I'm thinking it's gotten too expensive...I keep my bike clean cause i like a clean ride..But i ride my bike it's primary transportation. My truck is secondary...To each his own. These days a cruise for me is headed south to California for lotto tickets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts