Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could do some mods to my bike, what would you do?

I know it is an open question but I am curious about the feed back. Mind you, I don't have a bottomless pit of money, but I am thinking about the possibility of adding something, I just don't really know what I want at this point. I have some ideas, but thought I would ask here first, rather than just say it, to see what comes up. So .... I'm just curious as to what you guys and gal might do. ;)

Here are a few pics. BTW-I don't use the saddle bags unless I am on a road trip and need them. The tail lights get in the way.

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
Sharp Bike! Instead of Adding, Remove some items and get a HOLE new look that way!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sharp Bike! Instead of Adding, Remove some items and get a HOLE new look that way!
Kevin,

#1 - Thanks!
#2 - I'm open to suggestions. 8)

BTW-I have admired what you have done to your bike for some time. One thing I am seriously considering is the addition of lights (both running and turn signals) on the front.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If I were to buy you a B-day gift for your bike, I would get you a radiator cover and a neck cover. :D

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
If your going for looks maybe chrome the wheels or chrome tree covers.

Otherwise you might like fork lowers to help block wind, a gps, or get a larger T-Bag or Kuryakyn travel bag. Then you can ditch those saddlebags.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I see a red bike and i want to paint it black....

J/K

it really depends on what you use your bike for, I do alot of day/weekend trips so i set mine up as a bagger and hwy travel (satlite radio, cup holder,drivers back rest)

if you use it for a go to work bike or just to tool around, strip it down.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I see a red bike and i want to paint it black....

J/K

it really depends on what you use your bike for, I do alot of day/weekend trips so i set mine up as a bagger and hwy travel (satlite radio, cup holder,drivers back rest)

if you use it for a go to work bike or just to tool around, strip it down.
I see a black bike and just pass it:D

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I guess to me, it depends upon what direction you want your bike to go.

Like my bike I went for the Bagger look. and it is set up for the long haul, I think I accomplished that look, comfort and function I was after.

But if you want a sporter look, there are totally different things you should buy to get that look.

Good Luck,,

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
6* trees and a radiator cover. Just say NO to tank trim. always room for more bling. Just ask Kevin. I am told that that thing will hurt your eyes in the sunlight.

Peace
Moon

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Lose the windshield. Chrome parts, not chrome covers. And most of all, do what you want!

·
Registered
527 Posts
If I were to buy you a B-day gift for your bike, I would get you a radiator cover and a neck cover. :D
If you find a neck cover for the 1800 let me know :doorag:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Ditto on the radiator cover, go with a chrome one or sumthin like a chin fairing. Also agree with the chrome trees.

Say not only NO, but HELL NO to tank trim. Only trim on a bike should be sitting on the passenger pad:thumbup:

·
Registered
952 Posts
I agree, radiator cover first thing.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Been wondering the same thing my damn self. I'm thinking of taking the decals off the tank and painting everything army green, painting a couple of white stars on the tank. Might leave the wheels black, what do ya think?:smile: sb

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm thinking a rear fender more in line with the front fender. Looks kinda mismatched. Then again if you get rid of the bags it might work better as is.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
sorry cruz..he has an 1800..no neck covers....

well you can start getting idea's from my photo gallery here..:D:D

there is a crap load you can do..

kevin k has a load also as well as chicago spikes x..

ya need more chrome...:thumbup:

dump the bags..for around town stuff..bags always takes away the look
to me ..anyway..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts