Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone designed a backrest that could be used when your in a more reclined position. I find that when riding with my feet out on the touring pegs I'm reclined at an angle that would not allow me to use a back rest for the drivers seat (they tend to be straight back). I'm looking at making a small cushion that would sit on the passenger seat attached at the rear to the sissy bar and at the front with a loop under the horn of the passenger seat. (I've got Mustang 2 piece seats) It would be about 6-8 inches high and 8 inches wide with firm foam encased in leather. I'm working with a couple of idea and would like some input before from the group. THANKS:dontknow:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I strapped a duffle Bag on mine 2yrs ago when I was touring. Got it stuffed just right to provide the correct firmness and angle for comfortable "reclined" cruising. Its still on there--man, it changed my life.----There is someone making a nice leather crusier bag designed to accomplish the same thing. Can't remember the maker, but it has often been referred to in many past threads. Probably if you do a search: Crusier Bag you'll find it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Have this one on my bike and well worth it!! Hold enough for a long weekend and let you have something to lean back on!

http://cruiserbag.com/

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Here is the Pablo Custom version I built. I used a take off pad that I got at local dealer for $10 I think. THe arms are chromed Chevy alternator brackets, the frame is a Yamaha backrest that was given to me. Works good and is easily removable. The wing nuts are old style air breather wing nuts. All is available at local parts stores.

I think I did a write up or post about it last year so maybe do a search if you want more info

the slots in the armas allow for adjustment and then cut the lower portion off when you got it where you want it. My bags covered it so I left mine. I havent used it since I went Phat so next time I will cut them to look better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Custom backrest revisited

Thanks to everyone who responded. They all had some god ideas, but, I think I'll continue to tinker with the idea I had for a backrest and after I work one up I share my experience with the group. Thanks again:bowdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts