Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are on the fence about purchasing an 1800C take a look at this. I purchased a 14 Valkyrie a year and a half ago and made that my daily commuter. The upright positioning took a bit to get used to but now enjoy it. It find it a bit awkward to switch back and forth with such different riding positions and really don't have the space for two bikes.
The Corbin seat backrest combo makes it like riding a couch.
Thanks to help from this site this bike has been an evolving project. Too many changes and upgrades to mention. I'll give you the highlights and you can ask details if interested. As an A&P mechanic/ Avionics tech this bike is well taken care of and may or may not have some aircraft components. Located in San Jose CA 95125

Custom paint
Chrome Wheels (17" rear with widened swing arm)
Swept Back bars and Rivco Risers
Matching rear seat with backrest and luggage rack
Expanded fuel tank with newer stock external fuel pump
Decompression valves removed
Large 30 Amp battery
FI 2000 Fuel Controller
Throttle Lock
Yokahama S-Drive Rear Tire (Metzler makes 210-50-17 if you prefer but the S-Drive is amazing)
Roadhouse Exhaust Pipe
Bright LEDs
Keyless Ignition

Attachments

·
Old Goat
25,097 Posts
GLWS...(y)(y)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
nice scoot, i wish i had room and cash, i do however have a question: what LED tail brake light is that?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to derail, but what Keyless Ignition and Air Intake do you have?
The light is a basic LED Strip from Amazon. I have it going thru a resistor on tail power and straight power bypassIng the resistor when brakes are applied .Blocking diode keeps power separated. The air intake is a Baron Big Air. The keyless system is custom with a control relay and hidden switch. Amazon.com: Super Bright 1ft (30cm) RED Waterproof Flexible LED Strip Lights - 5050 SMD 18LEDs/pc - Waterproof IP-65: Home Improvement

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sold $3,100.
Pretty low price when I think of the amount of customizing. Tough market for cruisers. It took almost two years to sell but went to a good home which is better than sitting in a garage. I do love my 14 Valkyrie though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts