Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. First of all thank you, Bare, for the well-written article on De-smogging the VTX. I am a wrenching newbie but will be attempting it this weekend. I have a couple of dumb questions that I was hoping for help with. I have not found the answers on the VTXOA tech board.

I bought a D&M air cleaner (bullet) and a VTX 1800 adapter. I took off the stock airbox and put the adapter and air cleaner on the bike. My question now is what to do with the crankcase breather tube and IAT sensor plug. There is a hole through the adapter flanked by two screw holes but no obvious way to couple the crankcase breather tube. Do I just need a crankcase air filter? If so, do I put it on the tube and then just let it hang?

Anyone out there have a D&M air cleaner or any advice? thanks

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
You gotta put a breather on the tube. It's up to you were to leave it hang. Some have cut it back and put it under the tank, some have made it longer and run it back behind the engine. 8)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D&M air intake w/1800 adapter

Thanks, Spike and Bare (personal reply to an email). I took another look at my adapter and figured it out. It came with a breather tube that was hiding from me. The IAT sensor plugs into the side also. Chalk it up to inexperience. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts