Honda VTX Forum banner

Danmoto highwayman 2-1

6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Chris Dan 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried this exhaust system yet?

I bought it but haven't installed it yet. Will replace a set of Hard Krome 3" long straights. The heat shield seperated from the inner pipes somewhere and is causing a ringing vibration....which drives me mad.

The danmoto system is much lighter and no heat shields....so that can't fail. I can find several YouTube videos of the DM system on other bikes and I'm looking forward to hearing it on my vtx.

#2 ·
Looks loud but looks can be deceiving. Nice price for a 2-1. Is it supposed to mount up to the existing brackets?
Let us know how they work out.

Reactions: estr bunny
#5 ·
They are 304ss. These are destined to be wrapped eventually IMO, but they are a pretty good price for a 2-1 pipe and should perform reasonably well. Not sure about the megaphone muffler, but should support more flow than stock.

And sound ... hey anything that gets you more of that cammed NASCAR sound (1800) is a winner IMO.

#6 · (Edited)
I finally installed the pipes today. First off....the instructions are crap. Basically tells you to take off the old stuff and install the new stuff. Some of the wording makes it obvious they were written for Harleys, not VTX specific.

Once I figured it all out loose assembly commenced. The pipes have 0² sensor bungs so a quick trip to the hardware store was in order. Everything slip fit together pretty easily. Fair amount of tension on the pipes once the collector was rotated and aligned vertically.

Sound when compared to the Hard Krome long straights. Maybe a little louder but definitely deeper tone. Being 2-1 there's a smoother sound to them. Think pop,pop,pop instead of pop-pop-pop.

Butt dyno says I have more torque through the entire rev range, especially down low.

They started changing colors almost immediately. Blue and purple fading to a subdued straw color. The muffler hasn't turned yet. They definitely get hot, but not noticeable while moving.

I like this system, especially for the money. I do think the longs better matched the character of MY bike. These would look better on a C or F model IMHO.

#7 ·
Can you please post a video with sound? I just bought one black for my 2007 VTX F3, I am so eager to hear the sound, I got it at a very good price, Danmoto USA is selling at 50% off, I paid $161.46 USD for it, I was debating between the Slip-On Cobra and the Slip on Delkevic but man this ones are less than half of the price, I watched some YouTube videos on Harley and the sound is really nice, so it must be even better on the VTX 1800.

#9 ·
The heat shield's on my hard chrome welds also broke. They looked like they were tached and never finished. I had a guy who new how to weld them. He welded 4-6 1/8 tachs and made them about 1 1'4" long, That was 5 years ago.

#12 ·
Did you listen to your video with headphones on?

I have found that unless I put headphones on (or use a computer stereo), it sounds like you didn't capture the true sound, but you actually did and just can't hear it on your phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.