Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I made the rounds of Tire Rack, Sears, Discount tire and Goodyear today and I really do like the Goodyear Eagle F1. But the tire is only available as a 205-55-16. Does that recreate any fitting problems as compared to a 205-60-16? Goodyear also has tritread in a 205-60-16. I also found a local shop that will remove the old tire from the bike and remount, spin balance and install the new tire on the bike for $35.00. I need your opinion on as to what fits and what hits. oh, both tires recommend at least a 5.5" rim width.

Thanks for your help.

Dray

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The 55 is a little shorter tire and will make your speedo show you are running faster than you really are. I ran the 55 in a Falken when I first went to the darkside. Then I switched to the Triple Tread in a 60, The 60 is a softer riding tire and they both fit the same in rim.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I run the Goodyear TT 60 also. Did a little grinding under the fender just as a precaution. Have never hit bottom, not even when 2-up. Had to let the air pressure down to about 10 psi to get the wheel installed, but was no big deal. Put a little soapy water on the sides of the tire and it slid into place easily.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the 60, especially if you want your speedo to be close to normal. I have just about 2,400 miles on it and it looks like new.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I've got 5k on mine 205/65r16 MHE and love it. I did grind down the fender rails as a precation too. Easy to do.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm interested in the same thing 205 - 65 and worry about rubbing on the final drive shaft and or the right side of the swing arm. Any issues there???

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Chuck,
No worries about rubbing in those areas. Seems common to have some slight rubbing on the inner rail. A wee bit of grinding seems to take care of it. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going Dark

Thanks guys for all the input. I have pretty much decided that the Goodyear triple tread is the route to take. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Dray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts