Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am considering going "Dark" on my Neo :) . Any one want to shoot some pics, sizes & suggestions? :wink: :D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I know I've seen some Neo CT pics before, just not sure which thread. Did you try a search for "car tire neo", or "dark side neo" yet?
With the Neo fender, you will hardly see the tire anyway.

A 205/55-16, or a 205/60-16 should work fine. Lot's of great tires to choose from too. I've had a Falken Zeix, and a Bridgestone Potenza G009, and I like them both. Others swear by the GY TT, or the Micheline Hydroedge. Plenty of other brands that other folks are happy with as well.

-S

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
There is a mechanic in Denham Springs, La. that has a blue Neo with a darkisde and really looks nice. He helped me put a car tire on my 1300 when we were trying to get the right combination for the 1300's narrow rim. He waited to see if it was going to work for me and couldn't stand the slipping and sliding tire, he daily rides....rain or shine. Now you can't make him go back to a motorcycle tire.

He is running a 205????? I can't remember the brand. I will get that also for you. He has not had any problems what so ever with the tire that I know of.

I will see if I can go by and get some pics with my camera phone and show you.

.....................twin

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I got my neo fender painted this weekend (Durango red mettalic). I will be swapping it for the retro fender on the bike now. I will be using a Michelin Hydro edge (205/65) with it. Will take pics when complete. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
twin1300 said:
There is a mechanic in Denham Springs, La. that has a blue Neo with a darkisde and really looks nice. He helped me put a car tire on my 1300 when we were trying to get the right combination for the 1300's narrow rim. He waited to see if it was going to work for me and couldn't stand the slipping and sliding tire, he daily rides....rain or shine. Now you can't make him go back to a motorcycle tire.

He is running a 205????? I can't remember the brand. I will get that also for you. He has not had any problems what so ever with the tire that I know of.

I will see if I can go by and get some pics with my camera phone and show you.

.....................twin

Thank-you brother! ...........The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself thru love! Gal 5:6 "b" NIV

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I forgot...they are closed today....It will have to be tomorrow before I can even try to get pics...

John 6:28 & 29 I love the disciples question but the answer is OUT OF THIS WORLD.

........Have a blessed day............twin...............<><

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
That looks awesome.....now I've got to add this to the mod list...... :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
twin1300 said:
I got by yesterday and got photo's....It's an Avenger and 205/60/16. I hope this is what you wanted.

................twin

Very Cool..........Do you know if he had to do any mods & or did it affect his gearing?.....Sorry to ask these questions as I know it is not your bike & you are just being helpfull. :D It's cool if you don't know, someone else might possibly chime in on this!....THANK-YOU for going the extra mile in getting the pics! WOW! ! :D

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
the 205/60/16 is really close to the same height as stock (0.2% different if I remember correctly), so you wouldn't really notice any difference in gearing or your speedo/odo readings...

-if you use a 55 or 65 profile you will adjust the gearing and readings up or down...

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
mgw12 said:
twin1300 said:
I got by yesterday and got photo's....It's an Avenger and 205/60/16. I hope this is what you wanted.

................twin

Very Cool..........Do you know if he had to do any mods & or did it affect his gearing?.....Sorry to ask these questions as I know it is not your bike & you are just being helpfull. :D It's cool if you don't know, someone else might possibly chime in on this!....THANK-YOU for going the extra mile in getting the pics! WOW! ! :D
No, he has NOT had any issues with gearing or ride comfort nor did he have to mod anything........He is a daily rider just like me and he hated the wet weather riding with the motorcycle tire......... He now loves the confidence he gets with the Darkside. I have yet failed to go by the shop in any kind of weather or winter and NOT seen him on his ride. He does ride it hard too....I see him all over town, he don't own a car either.

Well he does worry about one thing he told me....the front wheel will come up now and he's afraid of scraping the "N" fender.

..................twin

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
twin1300 said:
mgw12 said:
twin1300 said:

................twin

No, he has NOT had any issues with gearing or ride comfort nor did he have to mod anything........He is a daily rider just like me and he hated the wet weather riding with the motorcycle tire......... He now loves the confidence he gets with the Darkside. I have yet failed to go by the shop in any kind of weather or winter and NOT seen him on his ride. Well he does worry about one thing he told me....the front wheel will come up now and he's afraid of scraping the "N" fender.

..................twin

Scrappin the rear fender...bwaaaa-haaa-haaaaaaaa ...I like that idea! If there are no gear changes I might have to make this my next "Upgrade"!

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Let us know how it comes out when you get it done????? And bring some pics to the thread too.

I have seen him leave the motorcycle shop and he will pick up the front wheel. Kinda defies gravity with the long look of the "N".

...............twin

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the awesome pics from all the angles. My 05N only has about 2300Miles but since it also is black and the pics just happen to be, I may now be convinced to go over in the future. Was wondering with the fender being the way it is whether it might require some mods to fit and you answered that , Thanks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
is it just me or do all the N models have a crooked tag light.. Mine and my wifes are tilted slightly like in the pictures of this one.
Not meaning to hi jack the post but it just jumped out at me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Blackwing said:
is it just me or do all the N models have a crooked tag light.. Mine and my wifes are tilted slightly like in the pictures of this one.
Could be the plate frame? :roll: :lol: :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
twin1300 said:
WildHorse said:
That looks awesome.....now I've got to add this to the mod list...... :roll: :lol:

It's about a $100 dollar mod if you shop the tires right. The tires will last about 20,000 + if you ride them under normal use.

............twin

The tire was 100.00? or the tire & labor was 100.00? :oops: :D :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
274 Posts
mgw12 said:
twin1300 said:
mgw12 said:
twin1300 said:

................twin

No, he has NOT had any issues with gearing or ride comfort nor did he have to mod anything........He is a daily rider just like me and he hated the wet weather riding with the motorcycle tire......... He now loves the confidence he gets with the Darkside. I have yet failed to go by the shop in any kind of weather or winter and NOT seen him on his ride. Well he does worry about one thing he told me....the front wheel will come up now and he's afraid of scraping the "N" fender.

..................twin

Scrappin the rear fender...bwaaaa-haaa-haaaaaaaa ...I like that idea! If there are no gear changes I might have to make this my next "Upgrade"!

Guess what... I have scraped Neo fender at the dragstrip. After the race it wasn't scratched just had some rubber from the track on it. Oh yeah everyone at the track loved that one! :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Blackwing said:

I noticed the same thing when I posted the pics.....I guess it just isn't his that's like that.

.......................twin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.