Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 05 VTX 1800N that I want to go to the DarkSide with.
My stock rear tire is a 180/70 R16.
Does anyone know what car tire size equivalent or will fit that can be used without making any mods to the bike.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I know personally that a 205/65 will fit the Neo fender just fine. I've used a Michelin Hydro Edge and a Fusion tire. Running the Fuzion tire now as it has nice rounded shoulders. Mama is happy on the back seat. :)

LOTS of info on the forum if you do a search.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I run a Goodyear Triple Tread 205/60-16. Its a very popular tire for the 1800's. Go hear http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/ for all the info you will ever want about it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Does anyone know what car tire size equivalent or will fit that can be used without making any mods to the bike.
Thanks...
You can go to the Darkside website and do lots of research. As A Darksider myself I have found this site and it's members just as friendly & knowledgeable as VTXOA club. ;) Joe ;)

http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/forum.htm

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Rob, I rode that Michelin HE in rain, snow, etc. It is a GREAT tire. I replaced it due to a "spike" in it that ruined the inner belt. It went very rapidly flat during a turn at a high speed. The hole was bigger than my emergency plug kit could handle without double pluggin it. Mama and I had a tight moment there.....

My brother-in-law had a spare Fuzion tire and gave it too me. I really liked the way it looked on his Jag. A correction though - the tire is a Fuzion HRi 205/60R16, not 205/65 R16. I was looking at their ZRi tire but wanted an all season tire as I ride all winter. Prices are cheap, road ratings are good and mileage is well above any MT.

There are lots of good data on tires, reviews, etc here on the forum.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Thanks...
Please do come to our site and we can help you! Got a lot of good guys there willing to help.

We try to keep all our data over there because of the spontaneous combustion of putting a car tire on a cruiser. J/Kidding ..... :lol:

.................twin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys thanks for all the info. I am still researching and it seems that a 205/60/16 is the size to go without making any mods to my stock 1800n.
I hope to get this done over the weekend. I'm one day without my bike and I miss it.
Now if I could only find someone is Dallas that has mounted a C/T on a bike that would be great!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Guys thanks for all the info. I am still researching and it seems that a 205/60/16 is the size to go without making any mods to my stock 1800n.
I hope to get this done over the weekend. I'm one day without my bike and I miss it.
Now if I could only find someone is Dallas that has mounted a C/T on a bike that would be great!
While doing the change make sure to check your flange bearings, and put new molly paste on the hub splines. Just so that you have peace of mind knowing that things are all right back there. ;) Joe ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts