Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Dunlop Elite 4 on my 1300C, over 20,000 miles twice!!
1300 vs 1800 apples and oranges when it comes to torque.
70-77 ft.lbs. on the 1300
98.9 ft.lbs. on the 1800,mine on the dyno was 103.6. I’m no softie accelerating, I used every ounce of power available to me. That in turn creates tire wear.
On mc tires,12000 miles out of a front tire,8000 out of a rear tire.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I’m no softie accelerating, I used every ounce of power available to me. That in turn creates tire wear.
Wow. Every bit of power available. Nothing but wide-open drag strip launches every time you start and stop the bike has got to be expensive! Seems like all the tickets would be a bigger issue than just paying for tires. :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
If you’re riding on your sidewalls,you must be be laying on the ground.
It's not that your on your sidewalls, but that the forces transfer there. When you go around a curve you don't turn the front wheel, you lean into the curve. When you go around a curve, your bike is not vertical (straight up)..

·
Old Goat
24,844 Posts
It's not that your on your sidewalls, but that the forces transfer there. When you go around a curve you don't turn the front wheel, you lean into the curve. When you go around a curve, your bike is not vertical (straight up)..
I’m probably gonna stay Dark...but will admit in the vid the cut away of the bead was interesting....not too worried I ride like I’m 72.....;)

·
Registered
939 Posts
This did not start out as threatening info, just info. I have learned somethings from this and I hope everyone rides safely, including me LOL..

·
Registered
820 Posts
Wow. Every bit of power available. Nothing but wide-open drag strip launches every time you start and stop the bike has got to be expensive! Seems like all the tickets would be a bigger issue than just paying for tires. :D
Obviously it was a slight exaggeration,I guess I should’ve said bazinga?
Anyways in 13 years on that thing,I’ve been pulled over 6 times all around the country,I’ve managed to talk myself out of every ticket,and I got nailed doing 112mph once,it’s never cost me a dime being pulled over,LEO’s must like my personality,cause most people don’t,no bazinga implied.
FWIW ,I’ve got a crapload of receipts for tires,way more expensive than being pulled over.
Peace brother✌?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts