Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to go with the Michelin Hydroedge 205-70-15 for my 06 1300C as soon as I can afford to(work is bad slow right now).
My question is do I need to adjust my shocks all the way up or can I set them on any setting I wish?
My wife and I ride a lot of two up and I leave them most of the time at #4 and really don't want to set them at #5 if I don't have to. I have already replaced my shock bushings. I also have the dynabeads and have located a local bike shop that will put the tire on for $35.
I guess what I'm asking is how much clearance will I have under the fender.

Thanks in advance. This board has always been great in answering my questions.

·
Old Goat
26,303 Posts
If it helps, I got a R running a MHE 205/65/16 (foots mod) 2 up or solo I leave mine on 3 and have had no problems ....good luck

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Your new tire will be about the same diameter as your old tire so you may set your shocks to whatever position you desire.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TennX and Kalten:thumbup:
I was told that if I went to a 205-70 instead of the 205-65 it would correct my odometer. So I figured it may be a bit different. That's great news

·
Old Goat
26,303 Posts
Thanks TennX and Kalten:thumbup:
I was told that if I went to a 205-70 instead of the 205-65 it would correct my odometer. So I figured it may be a bit different. That's great news

Well good luck, I wasnt to concerned about the speedo/odo, if needed I just look at my gps...but I was surprised that with my combo its only couple of miles off....welcome to the darkside and watch those first miles......:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only concern I had with the speedo is it's racking up a lot of artificial miles. I bought the bike in August 2010 With 12,800 miles on it and I already have 27,000 racked up. I don't plan on trading but if I do I'm sure it will be at high mileage and I don't need any thing working against my trade in value.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts