Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as much as I was hoping to get some shiny new V&H pipes under the tree for Christmas, I didn't. So until I have the money and time to purchase them myself, I was wondering if there is anything wrong with taking the baffles out of the pipes on my bike? I call them stock pipes, but I actually bought it used from a Honda dealership and I couldnt' tell you if the person before me put them on but I think they are stock. Not sure how to explain them, but if you look in my signature picture you can see them and I've seen many other members with the same pipes. Thanks for all assistance!

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
I modified my stocker pipes by punching out the baffle plates from the front to the back and back to front..... and drilling the holes in the back and you will probably see me in a few of those posts. I had another set that I gutted out..... but they were terrible.... then I welded in a pipe and put a flat washer on a bolt (welded) so that I could adjust it for tone. Best tone was up and down (vertical) and worst was flat (horizontal). But... the pipes I punched baffle plates and drilled the back plate still sounded the best... and those are the ones I have been using. Got a K&N air kit, added a PCIII and got a Dyno Tune (which really wasn't necessary I guess)... but ended up wth 96hp and 110 ft lbs torque.

Oh and I love the stock pipe look... and the sound of the modified pipes. But sound is subjective and your opinion may vary.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts