Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just bought an 02 c today and it is stock except for a set of hard chrome pipes. I remember reading something about block off plates that don't require to break out the read valves to do the desmog. Anyone refresh my memory here?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yup, B&B (Biglry & Bones) make em. It allows you to re-smog your bike and put it back to stock if you like. Not really a reason to do that. I used the old style block off plates, but I heard desmogging is easier with the B&B version.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
...and I will continue to insist that a $0.29 rubber vacuum cap applied to the pair valve opening with a little RTV and a plastic tie... done and resmoggable whenever... Mine's been in place for 2 years with no problems atall..

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I bought a pair of GP's plates. Wasn't much n don't have a need to redo. Of course I haven't intalled them yet n I read ya have to take sumpthin' out but it shouldn't be nuttin' but a thang...........

·
Registered
175 Posts
I did the desmog yesterday with barrons plates from HDL really easy.Dont know if its in my head but my bike sounds better and seems to runquieter.Just my .02.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Big Jon said:
Man, with the humidity there I'm surprised it doesn't gurgle constantly.
It's no different than the blockoff plates. All you are doing is sealing the Pair system reed valve inlets instead of destroying them to remove them and replace their covers with the plates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts