Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In one week I ordered the full 4 pc set of Ultimate seats with backrests, and a proton 4. My wife does not know.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I'm afraid your toast bro........

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm sorry I thought you were talking about Sete Gibernau.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Put on your most sincere face and tell her they were safety enhancements (as in improved rider comfort and engine performance). If that doesn't work and she goes wonky, take a time out and write me into your will, please. :lol:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
bhill18 said:
In one week I ordered the full 4 pc set of Ultimate seats with backrests, and a proton 4. My wife does not know.
What's the big deal? :? My Ultimate four piece set arrived today and I don't recall asking anyone for permission to buy that or the lightbar that's coming in two days. :wink: :) :D You have a job, don't you? I could see the problem if you weren't working and you expected her to pay for it. :shock: If you've got the money to pay for it she shouldn't be concerned at all. 8)

·
Registered
4,839 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
jwhok said:
I little trip to the jewelry store and nice dinner prior to delivery are in order.
Ain't no such thing as a "Little" trip to a jewelery store! :lol: Bought my wife a car for our 25th annv, no problem with goodies now!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I'm glad my fiance rides too. If I buy or order something, I do the same for her bike. She doesn't really even notice my bike then. :twisted:

·
Registered
711 Posts
LMAO! :lol: :lol: Your the man of the house. Go tell her that it is your perogative as the man to spend on the things that YOU think should be bought... :shock: Then DUCK!! :D :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
bhill18 said:
I can top that one, I bought my bike off ebay without telling my wife. Even worse while I was trying to figure how to break the news, she got the winning bid confirmation at the home email while I was at work. It was a little tense around my place for a couple days... :wink:
I'm still working the calculator to determine if I can scrounge the funds for the proton :idea:

·
Registered
950 Posts
That is why I have a secret squirrel club fund at a bank where we used to live. I put a few expense checks in there and when there is enough, I go crazy. I usually put the stuff on the bike before she realizes that it is on there. Or as you guys signature says, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission."

·
Registered
117 Posts
my route is ...

1) (too late for you) discuss any and all purchases in advance
2) buy something of equal value for her.
We just got a Senegal Parrot (for her?!?)... so I've got $840 of shopping credits banked away... P4???

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Auggie said:
jwhok said:
I little trip to the jewelry store and nice dinner prior to delivery are in order.
heh heh heh......just make sure she lets you go to the jewelry store with her.......My wife could hurt me bad in there. :shock:
Why did reading that make me think of Kobe Bryant???

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
My situation was a little worse....I told the Mrs. that I was buying the bike...next day she left with my son and I was served with divorce papers 5 days later....funny thing....She was a stay home Mom, drove a new SUV, nice home, bills paid ontime...Now...I don't have to ask anyone about buying accessories

1 - 20 of 35 Posts