Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when they installed the sissy bar. I took it off today to clean and it's pretty stinkin' obvious that they did a bad job on one side where there are several scratches. What do you think their responsibilty is to me? If any. If they won't give me satisfaction what would be my next recourse?

Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
They need to fix it, obviously. I'd take it back, and have the shop manager look at it. If he refuses, tell him that you will file a small claim in court against him. Get three estimates as to what it would cost to have repainted, find the average of those, and submit him a bill. Tell him he has five working days to consider what he is going to do about it, and follow through.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They will tell you that YOU put the scratches on the fender when you removed the sissy bar. Thats my guess and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Try it anyway and see what happens. Either way, you have nothing to lose by asking and bringing the damage to the dealers attention. :twisted:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scrub said:
They will tell you that YOU put the scratches on the fender when you removed the sissy bar. Thats my guess and I'm sticking to it.
I agree. :cry:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Post the Dealers Name and Address

If he REFUSES to fix it Post his name and address when someone is looking for a dealer they can check to see if the dealer is listed on this board and they can see that some dealers lie.. "Not Hal at HDL". I made a post on the MASSVTXRIDERS tech forum and there are 165 riders in the area of the dealer that everyone in that group will NOT use that dealer. Lets see 250.00 for Vavle adjustment X 100 = Dealer looses over 25000.00 in LABOR ALONE!!! NOT A WISE MOVE ON THEIR PART. Same thing happend to me my dealer dragged a dirty air hose and scratched my fender. They want me to leave my bike so they can fix it. I say Ftruk them they should have fixed my bike while I was there stupid once for bringing it there I will not go back to them. I will pay for it myself but as you see they will loose over 100,000.00 in labor over the next 3 years. Tell the dealer to do the math.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts