Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have not seen them check the youtube deals gap videoes. There several of them that will astound you. There are also several crashs. The fellow on the yellow 1800 wing is me, not.
There is one of Harley rider that goes down trying to pass what looks like a motor home. Check it out and you tell me what you think. Looks to me like he just froze up and locked the brakes rather than staying with it. That one is called "the average Harley rider."

·
Registered
347 Posts
(1) He lacked the skills for that type of ride (2) Made big mistake passing that vechicle (3) His pucker factor won out over m/c skills so the pucker factor said to lock up brakes- once he did that the laws of nature took over and off the road he went-i think he was afraid a cage also might be comming around the curve!...yea he needs to park it for good!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep looking at it and realize his head never looked to the right when he needed to go. He focused on when he did not need to go and that is where he went. Your right once he locked it up it was all over. The surprising thing is the second rider. He went off the road and then back on but he was in worse shape than the first to begin with.
Please understand I am not being judgemental, just trying to learn. It is not often you see video of an actual accident to learn from.ic

·
Registered
155 Posts
What concerns me more about the Dragon/ Deals Gap riding environment is that it seems to be a magnet for guys that want to try to do a "best time."

There are TONS of roads this good that are NOT publicized like this, where you may not see another bike. I thot the Dragon was more short quick twists than this. I could take you on a road that would definitely be more of a "corkscrew." :D

And, pretty sure you would see NO semis and few bikes, if any. There are tons of great roads up there.

Also, interesting that the Dragon speed limit seems to be around 30-35? Hmmmm... are these videos sped up?! 8)

wm

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never been myself, just want to ride the Dragon so I don't have to make excuses about not riding it. ic

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank goodness I am to old for that. ic

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank goodness I am to old for that. ic

·
Registered