Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright for all intensive purposes just realize I’m a dummy.... now that that’s out of the way....
So I knocked the golf T loose on the fuel line caused a bad leak. I replaced it stopped the leak. Then took out the Carb gave that a good cleaning. Replaced it reconnected everything, and now the bike won’t start. It’s not electrical I checked the batt. and fuses. All the connections are good the kill switch is off. Fuel lines are good, vac tube is connected.
it just won’t turn over 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Alright for all intensive purposes just realize I’m a dummy.... now that that’s out of the way....
So I knocked the golf T loose on the fuel line caused a bad leak. I replaced it stopped the leak. Then took out the Carb gave that a good cleaning. Replaced it reconnected everything, and now the bike won’t start. It’s not electrical I checked the batt. and fuses. All the connections are good the kill switch is off. Fuel lines are good, vac tube is connected.
it just won’t turn over 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
How long since you cleaned your starter switch? Seems like a long shot, but someone else will be along shortly with better wrenching advice.

On a far sillier and less helpful note, I will throw in a grammar lesson too. The correct phrase is “for all intents and purposes....”. Forgive the distraction, and good luck with the bike. :D

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Is the vacuum line connected on the petcock?

·
Premium Member
7,139 Posts
There's only a couple of things it could be. Is the carb getting fuel? If so, is the cab delivering fuel? If so, do you have a spark.

You were working on the fueling system so the likelihood is there, that maybe the carb is not getting fuel, or maybe the bowl is not filling. Needle seat / float issue. The other possibility though is that when R&R the carb, maybe you pulled a wire loose or something. Generally these things tend to be reasonably simple.

If it sounds like it wants to fire but not enough to actually run / start, then you likely have spark.

Reactions: RBS and INRIvtx

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Golf T... Petcock has an OFF position.
Are you sure the float valve needle is correctly installed???
Did you look at MR VTX CARB 101 post with many 8x10 color glossy photographs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Golf T... Petcock has an OFF position.
Are you sure the float valve needle is correctly installed???
Did you look at MR VTX CARB 101 post with many 8x10 color glossy photographs.
I’ll take a look at the Mr VTX

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Make sure the vacuum lines are intact, not only at the petcock but the entire run.
I believe the setup it:
Vacuum originates at the manifold. Line comes out to a tee.
One leg of the tee goes to the ACV nipple in the carb, the other goes to another tee.
On that tee, one leg goes to the PAIR (if you still have it) the other goes to the petcock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On a far sillier and less helpful note, I will throw in a grammar lesson too. The correct phrase is “for all intents and purposes....”. Forgive the distraction, and good luck with the bike. :D
Even less helpful than your note :): your advice was not grammatical, it was semantic :cool:.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts