Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did the Clayton Mod with 7 holes in a V shape and took the bike out today. Sounds great in 1st and 2nd but mellows out quite a bit after that. I know that Honda used a couple different styles of exhausts depending on the year of the bike so I have had some trouble finding exactly what i'm looking for while searching the forums for info on the Deep Clayton Mod. I have an 07 1300c and when looking through the 7 holes I originally drilled I can see what looks like an aluminum tube probably about 2" in diameter. Is this what needs o be drilled for the Deep Mod? I have read where people have drilled this part, have drilled right down the center of the pipe (dont know if that would be through the center of the tube i'm seeing or not), or where people have said you need a 12" drill bit so I am kind of confused as to what actually needs drilled for the Deep Mod. The tube isn't far enough back to need a longer drill bit but there might be some variations as there were a couple different exhaust styles on these bikes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also once doing the Deep Mod, does the A/F need adjusted or anything else like that? I saw where one guy did adjust the A/F afterwards but haven't seen any other threads mentioning having to do that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts