Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I am planning on installing VH Big shots this weekend on my 06 F.:mrgreen: I had originally planned on desmogging at the same time but it took 3 years for me get wifey to let me get the pipes so I am cut off from ordering anymore for the bike for a while (especially since we just paid 2k in freaking taxes and she is so tight with money its ridiculous but thats besides the point). So heres my question. Could I just cut the pair hoses at the plates they go into and just plug them there? I know that is GHETTO but if you guys think it will suffice until I get the block off plates, assuming I do seal them perfectly, I figured it would be better than not doing anything regarding decel pop and to get the deeper exhaust note. Just a thought, let me know what you think. Better than just plugging the pair hose in the airbox right?

·
Registered
16,084 Posts
OK so I am planning on installing VH Big shots this weekend on my 06 F.:mrgreen: I had originally planned on desmogging at the same time but it took 3 years for me get wifey to let me get the pipes so I am cut off from ordering anymore for the bike for a while (especially since we just paid 2k in freaking taxes and she is so tight with money its ridiculous but thats besides the point). So heres my question. Could I just cut the pair hoses at the plates they go into and just plug them there? I know that is GHETTO but if you guys think it will suffice until I get the block off plates, assuming I do seal them perfectly, I figured it would be better than not doing anything regarding decel pop and to get the deeper exhaust note. Just a thought, let me know what you think. Better than just plugging the pair hose in the airbox right?
When I've been out of pair covers this is what I do. I remove the stock pair cover and cut the little pipe flush. Then I tap it with a small pipe tap and install a pipe plug. The small pipe tap is the perfect size ( I think it's an 1/8 pipe ???) You could also cut the hoses back to leave about 1 inch, insert a large bolt and tighten a hose clamp around it. Just make sure it's really tight and doesn't leak any air or it will pop like crazy ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I've been out of pair covers this is what I do. I remove the stock pair cover and cut the little pipe flush. Then I tap it with a small pipe tap and install a pipe plug. The small pipe tap is the perfect size ( I think it's an 1/8 pipe ???) You could also cut the hoses back to leave about 1 inch, insert a large bolt and tighten a hose clamp around it. Just make sure it's really tight and doesn't leak any air or it will pop like crazy ;)
awesome. Thanks for the info Jon!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Plugging the pair hose will have the same effect on the exhaust sound as installing block off plates;) I would just do that for the moment and do the desmog later like I did myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts