Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, could someone tell me where I can find information on doing the desmog and what improvements it does for the bike. I've done s search on desmog here but didn't come up with anything.

·
Old Goat
26,227 Posts
Look here http://www.bareasschoppers.com/ and if you intend to leave your stock pipes on you really dont need to do the pair valve but if you install aftermarket pipes it will stop the decel pop. good luck

·
Super Moderator
64,224 Posts
The Pair assembly is only an anti-smog device. It injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to help burn off unspent gasses. By removing the assembly you will only really be cleaning up the top of the motor and ensuring that no condensation will build up inside the system if it was capped or plugged by installing an aftermarket air box. When swapping exhaust pipes, removing the pair system will help reduce or eliminate the decell pop we read so much about. No performance gains, no fuel mileage increase, just better sounds/deeper note from the exhaust. Find instructions on removing that on www.bareasschoppers.com/desmog

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, what a great write up. I think my mother could handle this after reading it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts