Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it required to have your pc3 remapped after removing the pair valve?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Chicago-Spike said:
No, the pair system is after the combustion chamber so it would not change a thing. 8)
Spike, have you forgotten about the flapper and snorkel being removed from the airbox? John, after the desmog, with the two holes in the airbox, there has to be considerably more air going into the mixture. More air means more lean, that's why there may be some lengthening of the injector pulses required. I tweaked a little on my FI2000 today after doing the saddlebag mod, but didn't get a chance to ride it yet. I did, however, move the controller from under the seat to under the starboard side cover...now I don't have to remove the seat to adjust it. 8)

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
No I didn't, he said "remove the pair system" not "do the airbox mod". Had he said the entire airbox/desmog mod, I would have said yes. 8)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Re: airbox

btx said:
I did the Pair valve and the air box mod. Stock pipes modified by http://www.vtxexhaust.com Stock air box with K&N Filter. No fuel management system. I get better gas mileage (165 miles when the light comes on) and it feels like more power. Just my experience.
165!!!! Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm lucky to get 120!! Maybe I got the SS model engine and will have to send to JC Whitney and get and 850cfm Holley Four Barrel mod kit!! Ya think? I like to stick abt a 14" round,chrome air cleaner on the side too!! 1969 here we come again!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts