Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DFW Weekend has Nascar events Sat and Sun, and we have a couple of rides on Saturday: Rockwall Honda or Sulphur Springs-Jefferson...AND I'M NOT MAKING ANY OF THESE! :x Other committments on Saturday... :cry:

Anybody up for a ride on Sunday???

I'm figuring on heading out East to avoid the raceday traffic.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
3D said:
East? Trader!!!

Where to Dan? I would go to the race but dont think I want to deal with 200,000 people and there cages...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am with you skinny. Go D.J. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think Hotrods and Hawgs is having a bike show Sunday. The race will be on bigscreens. I'll check and post back.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BDC said:
3D said:
East? Trader!!!

Where to Dan? I would go to the race but dont think I want to deal with 200,000 people and there cages...
Been in Waco all day, but got a little ride in tonite...
I'm planning on a morning ride to the Ennis area - wildflower/bluebonnet circuit. Maybe I'll stop by Hotrods and Hawgs on the way back in. Sky, how long does the bike show last?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
BDC said:
3D said:
East? Trader!!!

What!!!! You complained about passes and I get them for you and now you are not going :evil: Where were you on Saturday?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
BigPro said:
BDC said:
3D said:
East? Trader!!!

What!!!! You complained about passes and I get them for you and now you are not going :evil: Where were you on Saturday?
I was there for the Bush race!!! Had a blast!!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I called you and got no response. I could have given those tickets to someone today! Why didn't you call me and let me know!

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
BigPro said:
I called you and got no response. I could have given those tickets to someone today! Why didn't you call me and let me know!
Because I gave them to somebody else in Michelles bible group already!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
skydvr said:
Im not sure how long it last, I would guess most of the afternoon.
Sorry I didn't make it, Robert. A Ford Focus with some folks coming back from church about 12 miles out of Corsicana had a blowout in the oncoming lane, went into the bar ditch and came flying into our lane, flipping/cartwheeling about three times. Threw three passengers out, one of them smack dab in the center of the highway. Only the driver was wearing a seatbelt. Luckily, it looks like they'll all make it, although one had to be CareFlighted out of there.

I was only 1 to 2 minutes from the actual crash. By the time I got up to the site, there was already a group of folks to help out. One of the guys was just 3 weeks home out of Iraq, where he was a field (Infantry) medic - I'm telling you these folks were lucky! This guy looked after/triaged all the injured until EMTs arrived. We talked for a bit afterwards, including bikes...we had a long time to kill cause the road was completely closed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts