Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DFWers,

Finally got my plates/registration and hope to ride this weekend. Where do you go shopping (locally) for riding gear?

I also need a license plate holder for the 1800c.

I'm looking for a place with a large selection...I'm on the heavy side. Would like to try on some helmets...looking for something to replace my cheapie helmet(used it for motorcycle safety class).....I ramble.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Iwent on a ride with a bunch of guys from the Shadow group lastweekend I was told about this place. Granted it's a online store so you can't try anything on but it looks like that have very good prices. I've never bought anything there yet. I might get me some of those assless chaps to wear.

http://jafrum.com/

·
Registered
450 Posts
apparel

Got my leather jacket and gloves at Full Boar in Bedford. Jacket for myself and the little bride were $60.00 ea. Cycle Gear is in the metro plex, they have a shop in Bedford and Ft Worth, not sure about Dallas. Lots of lids, not a lot of cruiser stuff but can order. I shop all over.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Full Boar has a few Nexl half-helmets left (DOT, carbon fiber, extremely light and comfortable). They also have a decent selection of other helmets and lots of leather, boots, etc.

Cycle gear is a great place for helmets. They also have a 20% (?) off coupon on their catalog. With this cupon, you might be able to get very close to an Internet price. They have a huge selection of jackets, gloves, leathers and gear. This place (in Bedford) is really great and the staff is helpful and friendly.

Bates Discount Parts on 35 and Valwood has very good prices, but a little less selection. Still, it is worth a visit.

I haven't tried MotoLiberty, but will probably stop by and take a look today.

Hope this helps.

G

·
0 Posts
Im big boy, bought my leather jacket and gloves and other stuff at full boar in bedford/hurst as well...pretty good selection...bought helmets at honda in Grapevine, pretty good selection there..

D

·
0 Posts
I like Moto Liberty also. You can also check out Bates a little farther north on I35e. I think it's between Valwood and Crosby on the sb feeder. O somewhere around there.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went by full boar, and they have a nice selection of jackets, xxxl too! (not to mention nice expensive harleys)

so what kind of boots do you guys wear, and do you wear heavy protective gear during warm weather?

·
Registered
841 Posts
teksmex69 said:
I went by full boar, and they have a nice selection of jackets, xxxl too! (not to mention nice expensive harleys)

so what kind of boots do you guys wear, and do you wear heavy protective gear during warm weather?
What size boots? Plano Honda was getting rid of some of their Honda brand boots (including the VTX model) but the sizes were either small, 7 or large, 13. 40% off.

G

·
0 Posts
I wear bramha boots, got em walmart for 24.95 and looked at a new pair today....still 25bucks...not steel toe, but DAMN comfortable, and it was a size 16

·
Registered
59 Posts
Curiserworks for boots. There are expensive, but will last for a few years before needing a resole. They are really waterproof. Not many can say that. Very comfortable, almost like a tennis shoe. Easy to get on and off.

I've had mine resoled once by the factory. Took about 3-4 weeks, but were like new when I got them back.

I've got another pair of "motorcycle" boots from a dealer and I only wear them when I'm having the cruiserworks resoled!

http://www.cruiserworks.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts