Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got it!
First I installed my Bubs then my Big Air Kit. Used the Dyno jet kit. Had it running pretty smooth with the dj 210 and the needle on the 4th clip with the air screw 2.5 turns. It seemed to be starving on the top end and was not quite as smooth through the powerband as I would have liked. I knew it was a little lean when putting the rain guard on smoothed the power band up as well as plug chop showed light.
Next I ordered the Factory Pro kit. I wanted their needle and a variety of jets. I have wound up with a 220 main, 58 pilot, needle at 3rd clip with 1 shim, air screw at 2 turns out. Bike runs unbelievably well! Pulls strong regardless of rpm and load. Ran it up 120 mph (yes I know, about 108 with error) and it still felt like it could give me more. That's not bad considering a memphis 21" fats winshield, bags, and my fat ass. Plugs look perfect after 2 readings.
I'm in Houston, about sea level.
I want to express my thanks to all of you who have posted here about jetting and performance. It was very helpful and saved me a lot of time.

·
Registered
353 Posts
dialed in

I agree this board is great . I also got mine done as well thanks to everyone here. It sure makes you feel good . :pepper1:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts