Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the clayton mod last weekend. Now i am getting popping on Decel? Now what? Do i need to rejet? And will this cause issues with the engine?

Thanks, Ed

I guess the HK 3" will be comming sonner than later......

·
Registered
479 Posts
how far I know if you put anything else than stock pipes you have to "Desmog", that means if you put HK, you are probably going to have to do that desmog sooner or later, so that mean if you desmog now with drilled pipes, even when you change them, ..... lol

try to search for pair valve removal or desmog, I think that's so called, if I am not mistaken

·
Registered
75 Posts
+1,if you take out your pair valve it should take care of the decel popping.You do not have to re-jet.The only time you have to re-jet is if you change out your stock pipes and your stock air breather.If you only change one of those things you shouldn't have to re-jet,only if you do both.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
D othe pair valve removal and check all bolts on the pipes for looseness as you were working on the pipes they might have worked loose, especialy at the header flange.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Live with it. It gives your bike a distinct retro sound that brings back memories of the British bikes of the 60's. I like mine doing it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one question that has not been answered...... Will this cause any damage to the engine ????

Thanks for everyones coments. Looks like i will have to tackle the desmog...

Ed

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nope, no engine damage will occur, at least not from the popping that happens from having your pipes drilled. If you do a quick search on pair-valve removal, one or more of those threads exlpains exactly why the "popping" happens (it is due to the emmissions hardware installed on your bike). Also, many with non-drilled stock pipes have reported popping during decel from higher speeds or very open throttles :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
+1 to what Motorcyclereb said. Unless you just want to do the pair valve anyway you should check the acorn nuts on the manifold. 10 to 1 that is your problem, at least it was for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts