Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the Clayton Deep Mod yesterday and it sounds freakin awesome. I used a 12" 7/16 bit and drilled 4 holes in the shape of a smiley face.
I just got back from a 165 mile trip and no pops or backfires. I actually think I'm getting better gas mileage too. I haven't even hit reserve yet.
I'll see if I can get some pics up soon.
Best 15 bucks I've ever spent.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Poolmaster. I did the same mod last week. I now have alot of popping on Decel. Its funny how 2 of the same model bikes have 2 different results... O well, i guess i did something wrong.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
edntampa said:
Poolmaster. I did the same mod last week. I now have alot of popping on Decel. Its funny how 2 of the same model bikes have 2 different results... O well, i guess i did something wrong.
Are you running stock jet? I've got a Dynojet Stage II kit with K&N filter. Maybe you should try that or adjust the A/F mixture.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
edntampa said:
Almost everyone has popping after doing this mod. Removing the PAIR valve is the solution. :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
+1 to metric mark.REMOVE PAIR VALVE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm glad I'm one of the lucky ones no popping or backfiring I did the standard mode just aft baffle. Took it out ran it up to 80 let off of it nothing. Even tried down shifting with happy results.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's pics of what I did. The left 3 holes are drilled into the baffle. The far right is just through the outer plate. I did the same on both pipes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did the Claton mod using the 7 15/32" holes, I like the sound, have put about 1000 miles since doing the mod, only once I noticed a pop on decel when the bike had not warmed up good yet. Mileage seemed to increase a little as well. Stock air box and filter.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I put 7, 1/2" holes in each pipe... Still got my Pair valve, and the stock jets... hasn't backfired or popped one time.

It is funny how the same model bikes will act differently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.