Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pipes sound great. I was going to fab up some straight pipes using automovie exhaust tips, but I fired it up with the slip-ons off and it was overbearringly loud. Hurt my internal organs! So, I went with the Kiwi mod. Its too cold to ride it now, but it sounds great in the shop.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah, it sounds pretty awesome, doesn't it? I did mine about a month ago. I've been meaning to do a short video and post it, but haven't done it yet. Wait until you get it out on the road. You won't believe how it barks when you roll the throttle.

·
Registered
357 Posts
kiwi mod??? what is this? I have the clayton mod currently with 3 half inch holes, and it sounds a little "fluff fluff fluff" kinda makes that noise. I would like more of a "thump thump thump" but dont much want the pipes that much louder, just to sound better....

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Do a search for "kiwi mod" on the board and you'll find lots of info about it. To make the Clayton mod sound right, you really need about 7 holes in each baffle. And if you want to make it sound even better, do the deep Clayton mod by drilling a couple of holes through the inner baffle. It won't be that much louder, but it'll be a lot deeper rumble.

The Kiwi mod makes it a good bit louder and it really growls when you open it up. I like it a lot better than the Clayton mod, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kiwi mod??? what is this? I have the clayton mod currently with 3 half inch holes, and it sounds a little "fluff fluff fluff" kinda makes that noise. I would like more of a "thump thump thump" but dont much want the pipes that much louder, just to sound better....
Well this is what you are looking for. It will be louder, but not that loud. It is a neighbor friendly mod. Although you will need some tools to do this. I used a grinder with a cut-off wheel, bandsaw, welder, hammer, chisel, and various hand tools. You could substitute some of the tools, it would just be easier with the ones mentioned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts