Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started from Newell SD into Sturgis up to Deadwood and on to Nemo RD,first time to ride Nemo RD down to Johnson Siding. If you guys havnt ridden Nemo RD yet itsa ride you gotta do!!! Then into Rapid City and stopped at big wally for my lunches for the week. Stopped at exit 48 90 W(stagestop Pizza) Whatta beautiful week end Sunny and in the 80s. O Ya the X never missed a beat... I also have my realator looking for a few acres in the Hills area... forgot how to spell realator....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sounds like a great ride. I've never ridden out in SD before. My dad has and said it was one of the most beautiful places he's ever been. All I did this weekend was ride from Daytona Beach or Orlando a few times.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Nice... I grew up in Rapid City and can't wait to get back there this summer. Nemo rd is awesome allright. :D 8)

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Yes i did (actually Friday),, 900 miles home from Ohio dealership. I do this trip in one day. I have made this trip several times. I have been thinking of taking the steps for the Iron Butt certificate. :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
200 miles for the weekend, we've had unbelieveable weather in western NY for April. Hope it holds for the summer...mike

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yea I rode Tucson-Phoenix-Tucson this weekend. It was probably 350-400 miles for the whole weekend. As always, beautiful weather here, except the bugs were out in full force. I was surprised I went over 160 miles before switching to the reserve. I guess when you over pay prepaying for gas, and you have to squeeze a dollar in a already full tank you will get some extra miles. Put 11 dollars in a tank that wasnt completely empty.

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
I got about 250mi. in. It was a great weekend for riding, although it wouldn't bother me at all if it rained for a week. First Forest fire of the year on sunday and it will only get worse. Forest service will no doubt ban offroad vehicle traffic and open fires soon. Takes the fun out of camping if you can't have a fire.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rode Saturday. It was 'bout 80*, me and Marv along with his buddy (sorry I don't remember his name), rode together for about 3 hours. It was nice. 8)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Man I am just thinking how much fun it was to ride this weekend. It was open highway with little traffic. I decided I am going to wave to every biker even if they dont wave, have HDs or rockets. I also invented a game while riding with no one around to make my friend driving his tuck laugh. Line driving. Only drive on the white lines and yellow lines, while on a divided highway and no other traffic. Signal as you change lanes but change lines instead! HAHA, give you three "lanes" to play with.

·
Registered
101 Posts
300 miles on sunday. Went down from Denton, TX to granbury into Glen Rose and back. Some wonderful twisties near Glen Rose, TX

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yep, on Saturday I left thehouse at 8:00am and got back at 4:30pm. Met up with several Central Florida VTX riders along the way. Had Breakfast, lunch and dinner with my VTX friends at 3 different locations.

weather was low 70's and sunny all day. and the VTX didn't skip a beat.

LIFE IS GOOD!

Ride Safe,

John

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
about 350 on sunday. Started here in ithaca, went for a local chapter brekfast meeting in Binghamton, from there we took Rt 11 all the way to Cortland NY, then proceded to Skaneateles on top of otsico Lake, then a short drive to Auburn NY, then down rt 38 back to ithaca. Got gas here at home, then rode another 30 or so mile to elmira NY, then back to waverly PA, back up to ithaca... This morning, I drove around 60 miles to go get tires for the bike... it will be at the stealer for a week or so till I get a chance to go get it.... Very fun ride, and a great weekend for a ride... I think it got up to 75 degrees or so today and Sunday....

·
Registered
122 Posts
didja ride

put 150+ mi. on my blrpl baby....so nice 2 be out, but it was 20 degrees colder w/ a spray at the coast...left that is..XnNH
:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
About 400 miles yesterday.
I got to start using sunblock, my head is burned. :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Little over 100 up and down the bluffs along the mississippi. Dodge county WI needs to invest in a street sweeper, the sand on the twisties sneeks up FAST! :shock:

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
I put over 300 miles on the X this weekend. Rode around local Saturday and Sunday we rode down to Charlotte to ride in the Ricky Hendricks Charity ride. Over 1000 bikes showed up and it was a blast. We met at Carolina place mall and rode to Hendrick Motorsports(big group ride) for free food, good band and they had the museum open to tour. Here are some pictures from the event.

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=3760&cat=500

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just around town a little bit running errands. I've ridden that route around Sturgis and Nemo, and love it. I won't be able to make it back to Belle Fourche this summer (first time in my life), and I sure am going to miss riding the hills!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
supra1 said:
200 miles this weekend. Weather was beautiful in Houston.
You need to get together with a few of us. We met on the southside this past wed and rode this past weekend.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts