Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the Pepsx I bought may be a scam. I guess I'll weld my own. I understand that the dimensions are critical for fitting the X frame. Would anyone be willing to measure their Pepsx and tell me the dimensions? WxLxH

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
I made my own stand. I am not home but can can get dimensions later.
I placed screw hose clamps with the worm gear up to prevent the VTX from falling off.
I can unbolt it for storage in a small space.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Thanks Hans. Making it able to break down is brilliant.
A bunch of 2x4 scraps, a box of construction screws, a few basic carpentry tools, and an hr. or so later, you can make one that will double as a garage seat when not holding the bike up. The metal ones are neater, but just sayin'.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
947 Posts
You could make it adjustable height and width like my Redline stand... My redline stand has wheels as well. They just use one square tube that has an opening ever so slightly bigger than the other diameter of the inner. The two bolts just pinch the smaller to lock it. The same is done for the height and uses hitch pins for each height.

I can lift my bike all the way up so I can get a CT under my R fender, or keep it low for simple oil changes.

SD1K ATV Motorcycle Engine Cradle Dolly | Redline Stands

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could make it adjustable height and width like my Redline stand... My redline stand has wheels as well. They just use one square tube that has an opening ever so slightly bigger than the other diameter of the inner. The two bolts just pinch the smaller to lock it. The same is done for the height and uses hitch pins for each height.

I can lift my bike all the way up so I can get a CT under my R fender, or keep it low for simple oil changes.

That thing looks great. I was thinking it would make sense to add Wheels but for that price I'm just going to buy one of those. Thanks a lot for that info.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

By the way, what is a CT?

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
CT = Car Tire.
My stand is 12.5" H,15" W (inside), 18" L

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had 2 different people private message me to buy one of these on here... the last one when I asked to send me a picture and he sent me a stock pic off the web. I told him "Dude you're new on here and your sending me stock pics of the thing... you don't own the one in the pic. I wasn't born last night " username is Howardelliot06 on here... other guy was breej

Both scammers

·
Registered
947 Posts
That thing looks great. I was thinking it would make sense to add Wheels but for that price I'm just going to buy one of those. Thanks a lot for that info.
I have pushed the Redline stand many times on this forum. I'm glad I went this route. Since I live in NY, my bike is on stands all winter. Being able to push my bike into the back corner is the best part of it. I also have a theory (coming from the sport bike world) that your fork seals and forks in general will last longer if you leave your suspension unloaded for long periods of rest.

My garage is always a mess, so sorry, but here is my bike on the stand at max height. Which is enough to get my Car Tire under the fender. CT's with R fenders often require deflating the tire to be able to get it it. The Harbor Freight aluminum stand (with the raised pads removed) fits perfectly within the stand. I put a strip of duct tape around the VTX frame once I found the jack balance point to show me visually where to jack from.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent, I just bought the harbor freight Jack you have, so it's good to know it will all work together. Thanks again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts