Honda VTX Forum banner

Discovery Channel Indian Larry Tribute

2K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Dain Bramage 
#1 ·
Indian Larry Tribute Tonight @ 10:00 ET.

#4 ·
Xlr8 said:
Who's sponsering it.... Shoei?
OMG, lol. Actually, they say he had a stroke before he fell off the bike.

#16 ·
I am watching DC tonight because of the Indian Larry tribute. I was very fortunate to have the pleasure of meeting Indian Larry. He truly is a genuine person.

I stood in line to meet him as hundreds of others did to shake his hand and say hi. When I stepped up and shook his hand and introduced myself I told him we had built a chopper using a Honda VTX and I would like to have a picture of him sitting on it when he got a break from the crowd. Here is the kicker... he said, "I can't leave, but if you bring it down now I would be happy to." I brought the bike down, He stopped what he was doing and in front of everyone he sat on the VTX Chopper and shook my hand in front of the crowd. Well to say the least, he just made my week!!!!! He also complimented me on he VTX Chopper (and a picture that didn't take was with him shaking my hand and a thumbs up jesture).

I wish some of the other builders would take the same attitude as Indian Larry with the people that love the bike world as much as they do.

#21 ·
KingCobra said:
I am watching DC tonight because of the Indian Larry tribute. I was very fortunate to have the pleasure of meeting Indian Larry. He truly is a genuine person.

I stood in line to meet him as hundreds of others did to shake his hand and say hi. When I stepped up and shook his hand and introduced myself I told him we had built a chopper using a Honda VTX and I would like to have a picture of him sitting on it when he got a break from the crowd. Here is the kicker... he said, "I can't leave, but if you bring it down now I would be happy to." I brought the bike down, He stopped what he was doing and in front of everyone he sat on the VTX Chopper and shook my hand in front of the crowd. Well to say the least, he just made my week!!!!! He also complimented me on he VTX Chopper (and a picture that didn't take was with him shaking my hand and a thumbs up jesture).

I wish some of the other builders would take the same attitude as Indian Larry with the people that love the bike world as much as they do.
Great story. Congratulations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.