Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to replace the stock struts if you widen the stock fender for the 240 mod? If so where can I buy struts that will fit?

·
Registered
332 Posts
There are some 240 fenders our there using the stock struts. HDL sells them I think so I'm sure you could use them if you were fabbing a fender.

G

·
0 Posts
I didnt try to modify my stock fender, but I did try the Mongo fender first, and then the Sumo-X fender.

The Sumo-x costs more because you have to buy the seat to fit it, but it wins hands-down due to quality, fit and finish.

I would say that if you can, spend the extra money and get the Sumo, I dont think you will be dissapointed with it.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr Pheer said:
I didnt try to modify my stock fender, but I did try the Mongo fender first, and then the Sumo-X fender.

The Sumo-x costs more because you have to buy the seat to fit it, but it wins hands-down due to quality, fit and finish.

I would say that if you can, spend the extra money and get the Sumo, I dont think you will be dissapointed with it.
I thought about just buying the whole kit ...But it would have been to easy. I figured if I struggle with making the parts i.e. splitting the stock fender and welding in a piece I'ld feel more connected to the bike. Plus I need a project to keep my stresss levels low :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
I agree the sumo fender does have very nice finish however the fit is up to you. I have seen mongo's fit up that would blow your mind away. Now as far as quality the mongo does lack some but with a bit of fiberglass and some time you can make it look awesome plus no need to spend exra cash for seat, especially if you like the one you got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts